The Management Trust
Position Title: Division Accounting Assistant
Location: Palm Desert, CA
Reporting To: Controller
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients' needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
As our Division Accounting Assistant, you are charged with two critical tasks - providing high-impact accounting support and ensuring communications to our Boards, Homeowners, and fellow Employee Owners are consistently professional, clear, and thorough. You are dedicated and reliable, as well as passionate about helping others, problem-solving, and celebrating wins. If you are also comfortable being empowered to sometimes handle challenging situations, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interface with internal personnel, homeowners, vendors, etc. in a professional manner while ensuring client satisfaction with each interaction
- Process homeowner assessment delinquencies
- Respond to homeowner calls and emails regarding payment status and similar inquiries
- Print and distribute homeowner statements as necessary
- Serve as point of contact for all Lockbox needs
- Forward accounts meeting the outlined requirements to attorney for collection
- Correspond with HOA attorneys on collection accounts
- Deposit and post miscellaneous income
- Maintain auditor files and folders
- Back up for Accounts Receivable and Escrow
- Signature card tracking and processing
- Assist Controller with special projects
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience and/or education in Accounting/Bookkeeping and Customer Service
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel (intermediate level, or higher), and Outlook, and internet browsers
- Ability to quickly grasp new Accounting software
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines (critical)
- Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and proactive thinking
- Ability to communicate with professionalism and clarity
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the department/Company's objectives
- Use standard office equipment, including: computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Be stationary for periods of time
- Relocate up to (25) pounds
SUPERVISES OTHERS? IF SO, LIST:
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Monday-Friday from approx. 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- This position may require occasional long hours to meet business needs
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
TMT reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.
|We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We celebrate and support diversity.
The Management Trust reserves the right to modify any job description at any time based on business need.