Please apply if you see a position that makes your heart skip a beat. Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate.
Teton County WY is a place where everyone can grow. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. Teton County WY is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of sex, race, creed, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, ancestry, family status, medical condition, family care leave, genetic predisposition or status as a covered veteran and other protected classifications.
Teton County WY fully embraces the concept of a diverse work force and is prepared to make reasonable accommodations for disabilities and religious practices when necessary. This policy applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations.
SUMMARY: Under basic supervision, performs general maintenance and repair work on Teton County/Jackson grounds, facilities, parks and right of ways.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The job description is subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cleans and maintains grounds, restrooms and facilities; paints, builds and installs fencing, mops floors, sweeps dirt, rakes leaves, mows turf, removes snow from pathways and sidewalks.
- Collects litter from grounds and facilities; empties trash receptacles.
- Performs preventative maintenance on tools and equipment; purchases equipment, tools, and supplies.
- Conducts basic electrical, mechanical and plumbing maintenance and repair; operates tractors, mowers, vehicles, and various light equipment.
- Supports the relationship between Teton County staff and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with visitors and County staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and County information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; AND one year experience in grounds maintenance, building maintenance, or related field; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- Must possess a valid Wyoming/Idaho license and maintain an acceptable driving record; if not a Wyoming resident, it is expected that you hold a current Driver's License from another state and will obtain a Wyoming Driver's license within a reasonable amount of time (no more than 90 days).
Required Knowledge of:
- County policies and procedures.
- Proper use of basic power tools, hand tools and equipment.
- Basic plumbing, electrical, and landscaping repair and maintenance methods.
- Safety rules and regulations, occupational hazards, and safety precautions.
Required Skills in:
- Operating various tools.
- Following written and verbal instructions.
- Working with little or no supervision.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors; requires constant physical efforts, and may be exposed to dangerous tools and equipment; safety precautions must be followed, including use of safety equipment.
- Required to work routine nights and weekends.