Social Worker needed for full-time position for support program for homebound older adults in Brooklyn. The position starts as temporary but the agency aims to hire the social worker if they are a good fit. The work is currently a hybrid of in-office, in-home visits, and the ability to work from home. The aim of the program is to help homebound older adults live as independently as possible, with dignity and choice. The social worker provides them and their families with information and services.
The Case Manager will:
- provide information on services, benefits and entitlements to clients.
- conduct in-home assessments and follow-up visits (currently in-home visits are very limited and social workers do not go into clients' homes)
- develop and follow through on care plans
- collaborate with other staff to provide services and maintain accurate, timely case records and reports.
- may supervise and coordinate activities of volunteers and student interns.