Love animals? Want to make a positive impact on the planet? Come join Woodland Park Zoo as a Special Events Attendant. We have 6 temporary, variable hour, non-benefitted positions open.
Application Priority Date: May 22,2022
This position is responsible for providing customer service information and assistance to guests for special events such as but not limited to concerts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide customer service information and assistance to the public and staff in person including general information, educational/interpretive programs, and special events.
- Communicate onsite issues or ideas for improvements regarding customer service, personnel, policy, or other related areas.
- Perform physical check of personal belongings being brought into zoo concerts. Use tools and sense of touch/weight to identify items not permitted inside concert gates.
- Collect admission tickets and passes from zoo guests at zoo special events.
- Greet patrons attending entertainment events.
- Examine tickets or passes to verify authenticity, using criteria such as color or date issued.
- Provide general zoo information such as exit locations, safety rules and guidelines, and other information and assistance in case of emergency.
- Evaluate and determine appropriate admittance of persons without tickets/passes and define and report to Lead or Security persons who may not meet safety rules and guidelines.
- Interact directly with and assist visitors of all ages. Expedite visitor entry, establish queuing lines, and help with crowd control in a positive, customer friendly manner.
- Attempt to rectify visitor disputes, complaints, and issues or pass to Lead or supervisor if appropriate.
- Assist parents with locating lost children.
- Ensure a safe environment for visitors, staff, and volunteers; monitor crowd flow for key areas and entrances and report safety concerns to a supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Set-up, organize, and arrange any necessary equipment or program items.
- Support zoo policies in a professional manner.
- Assist other Guest Service/Events units with related special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or three (3) or more months related experience; and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic computer skills and ability to use Outlook and submit online timesheets.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and demonstrate time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to adapt communication based on audience and purpose with inclusivity.
- Ability to listen patiently and attentively, ability to express self clearly and effectively, and ability to adapt communication based on audience and purpose with inclusivity.
- Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with audiences of different backgrounds and experiences.
- Works effectively independently, with the public, or within diverse teams and environments while treating everyone with respect.
- Ability to hold self personally accountable for actions and take responsibilities.
- Ability to handle change positively.
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality.
- Ability to work a non-standard/flexible schedule, which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- This position may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a typical office environment and/or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. A criminal background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- As of November 24, 2021, employees working on or accessing zoo grounds are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination by your first day of employment.
- People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
- Employees may make requests for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
Application Priority Date: May 22,2022
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter is optional and resume are required.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.