Opportunity Finance Network (OFN) is looking for a talented and mission driven Senior Credit Analyst to support senior Financial Services staff in the underwriting and portfolio management of OFN’s investments. Responsibilities also include gathering and compiling data, loan investment analysis, financial statement analysis, monitoring investments, relationship management, portfolio analysis and composing written summaries. The Senior Credit analyst is responsible for monitoring the accuracy and completeness of the quarterly and annual covenant compliance review process. This is a great opportunity for those interested in impact investing and lending where it counts.
OFN is a leading national network of CDFIs (community development financial institutions) headquartered in Washington D.C. In pursuit of our mission to align capital with social, economic, and political justice, OFN supports its 360+ member CDFIs with money, strength, and voice to drive transformational change in underserved rural, urban, and Native communities nationwide. We help money flow to people and places where traditional finance doesn’t reach. As a financial intermediary, OFN secures private capital for CDFIs through strategic partnerships with numerous partners.
To learn more, visit www.ofn.org
People who work at OFN come from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. If you have:
- Passion for the mission and true believer in our core purpose.
- Courage to be a fearless advocate who is confident and resilient in our fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- Smart, quick seekers of knowledge who thrive on creating and developing new strategies, products, and programs for increasing capital to communities we serve.
- Desire to be a collaborative team player who possesses humility and a willingness to lean in all areas of our work.
Come be a part of our growing diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. All staff currently work a hybrid schedule.
- Assist Financial Services team in loan underwritings, including various analyses, calculations, summaries, and other tasks as required by the underwriter.
- Assist in analysis and preparation of annual loan portfolio review.
- Perform annual credit reviews of borrowers.
- Support the completion of OFN’s annual member survey. Validate annual member survey data in conjunction with annual reviews and for other members as requested.
- Consistently spread borrowers’ financial statements into OFN statement template with minimal assistance and excellent attention to detail.
- Review credit analysts’ management of quarterly and annual loan covenant compliance, to ensure all covenant materials received and reviewed by credit analyst, and any cases of covenant violations are communicated to investment officers and financial services team.
- Review covenant worksheets and compare against submitted financial statements for borrowers rated Acceptable- and below.
- Confirm that covenant worksheets tie to CDFIs’ annual financial statement audits.
- Prepare covenant worksheet based on investment documents.
- Work with credit analysts to analyze portfolio trends and identify portfolio vulnerabilities by interpreting data on payment trends, borrower financial ratios, pricing, economic influences, and other factors affecting the portfolio.
- Review investment committee meeting minutes for accuracy.
- Provide quality customer service at all points of contact with OFN borrowers and prospects as well as answer questions and advise customers regarding loans and transactions with OFN borrowers and prospects.
- Confer with CDFIs and other business representatives to exchange credit information as needed as well as conduct research for new program or project developments.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.