Virginia’s largest vineyard is seeking a Mechanic to assist the Vineyard team in preventative and routine maintenance on all equipment used in vineyard operations. This position is full time with schedule Monday to Friday 7am – 3:30pm with weekend and overtime as needed.
We provide a fun atmosphere with an opportunity to grow, competitive pay with benefits including great, affordable medical insurance (covering 80% of employee premium and 40% dependent), dental and vision insurance (covering 80% of the employee premium), voluntary life insurance, voluntary accident insurance (PTO (paid vacation, sick days, and holidays), 401k eligibility after one year with up to 6% company match, generous employee discount, travel discounts at Trump Hotels, educational opportunities, paid volunteer days, and more.
Location: Trump Winery - 20 minutes south of Charlottesville
Wage: Based on experience + Excellent Full Time Benefits
Sign-Bonus: $500.00 To qualify for bonus, must start on or before September 30th. Bonus will be paid in two installments of $250 after 90 days of employment and $250 after 120 days of employment (employee must be in good standing and active at time of payment).
Hours: FT - Spring/Summer 6am - 3:30pm, Fall - Harvest Schedule - 6: 30/7am-3/3:30pm, Winter 7am-3:30pm. Occasionally Saturdays will be needed.
Benefits: Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance, PTO (paid vacation, sick days, and holidays), 401k eligibility after one year with company match up to 6%, Voluntary Life, AD&D, and Accident Insurance Plans available, generous employee discount, travel discounts at Trump Hotels, educational opportunities, paid volunteer days, and more.
- Perform preventative and routine maintenance, service and repair on all vineyard equipment, tractors, vehicles, small engines, and related equipment
- Responsible for ordering supplies, inventory, and repair parts as directed
- Troubleshoot problems related to equipment, vehicles, and facility maintenance
- Assist in all areas vineyard operation based on seasonal demand and need
- Assist with operation of heavy equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Graduate or G.E.D
- 3+ years previous work experience on heavy equipment, vehicles, and small engine repair.
- Works on feet for eight hours a day. Ability to work long hours and/or seven days a week during critical times. Able to push, pull, carry, and lift up to 70 pounds. Frequently bends over, kneels, twists, reaches over head, climbs stairs, ladders, and walks varied surfaces (paved, incline, uneven, etc). Uses hands to finger, feel or handle, talks or hear.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to read, write and speak English is required in order to perform the duties of the job.
- Knowledge of computing skills (Word, Excel, Google Suite)
See why we’ve been named “one of the best places to work in Charlottesville”. We offer:
- Competitive pay
80% employer paid and 40% dependent paid medical premium with only a $1000 deductible
80% employer paid dental premium
80% employer paid vision premium
- Voluntary Life and Accident Plans available
- Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- 401k after one year with up to 6% company match
- Generous discounts on wine, merchandise, and hotels
- Monthly wine training opportunities
- Two paid team volunteer days per year
Interested Applicants can text 434-981-4851 with keyword "Mechanic" to schedule an interview.
Trump Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local law.
Trump Winery participates in the E-Verify Program (Identity and Employment Eligibility Verification) and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Este Empleador participa en E-Verify (Verificación de Documentos de Identidad y Elegibilidad de Empleo).