Trump Winery is looking for a professional, energetic, enthusiastic individual to oversee the development and management of the Grand Hall Staff and to ensure each and every guest have an ultimate experience when visiting Trump Winery. The Director of Operations – Grand Hall will be responsible for assisting the management of the Tasting Room and Retail space to ensure all customer needs are met, and administrative and operations functions are managed. This newly created position seeks some with a “can-do” attitude and someone who does what is necessary to help the business run smoothly and efficiently. The Director of Operations – Grand Hall will report to the General Manager and work closely with all department managers and directors. This position is full-time. Must be able to work on weekends and holidays.
We provide a fun atmosphere with an opportunity to grow, competitive pay with benefits including great, affordable medical insurance (covering 80% of employee premium and 40% dependent), dental and vision insurance (covering 80% of the employee premium), voluntary life insurance, voluntary accident insurance (PTO (paid vacation, sick days, and holidays), 401k eligibility after one year with up to 6% company match, generous employee discount, travel discounts at Trump Hotels, educational opportunities, paid volunteer days, and more.
Position: Director of Operations - Grand Hall
Location:Trump Winery - 20 minutes south of Downtown Charlottesville
Schedule: Full Time - Wednesday - Monday 10am - 6pm
Wage: $65,000 - $75,000
- Assist in the management of Tasting Room and Retail staff including: interviewing, training, assigning/directing work, scheduling, evaluating staff, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Accountable for executing all tasting room operations including opening/closing procedures, inventory
- Serve as Manager on Duty
- Anticipate customer needs, respond intelligently to visitor questions regarding wine, wine making, and other Trump Winery operations (where wines are sold at retail outlets, restaurant, internal and external events, etc.)
- Assist staff in their duties; work in tasting room alongside team; model the behavior that is expected from staff
- Assist in supporting Tasting Room Manager, Retail Manager, and Wine Club Coordinator in training, and development of staff according to policies and guidelines
- Guide and work closely with Retail Manager, Tasting Room Manager, and Wine Club Coordinator
- Oversee all administrative and operational functions of the departments to include scheduling, ordering, signing off on invoices, running reports, conduct and reconcile monthly inventory
- Ensure merchandising of the retail shop is appealing and set to maximize revenue; organize and execute special promotions; ensure merchandising standards and all visual displays are consistent with brand
- Assist guests with purchases of merchandise including; cash handling, refunds, exchanges, employee discounts, promotions, credit card purchases, daily shift deposits
- Work closely with and assist Hotel Director, Events Manager, culinary team, and other members of the management team
- Other duties as necessary to be an active team member, doing what is necessary to help the business run smoothly and efficiently.
- Ability to create and maintain a fast paced, gracious and highly productive team ‘culture’ that is focused on making the guest experience the best it can possibly be
- Maintain a friendly, warm and clean environment inside and outside at all times
- BA or industry related certification/education or related experience.
- 5+ years direct-to-consumer sales with demonstrated excellence in customer service
- 3+ years supervisor experience in similar environment
- Works on feet for eight hours a day. Able to push, pull, carry, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to read, write and speak English in order to perform the duties of the job.
- Strong computer skills, notably Microsoft Word, Excel, Google suite, and POS
- Serve Safe
- Managers’ Alcohol Responsibility Training Certificate (available after hire)
- CPR/First Aid (available after hire)
See why we’ve been named “one of the best places to work in Charlottesville”. We offer:
- Competitive pay
- 80% company paid medical premiums with only a $1000 deductible
- 80% company paid dental and vision premiums
- Voluntary Life and Accident Plans available
- Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- 401k with up to 6% company match
- Generous discounts on wine, merchandise, and hotels
- Monthly wine training opportunities
- Two paid team volunteer days per year
Trump Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local law.
Trump Winery participates in the E-Verify Program (Identity and Employment Eligibility Verification) and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Este Empleador participa en E-Verify (Verificación de Documentos de Identidad y Elegibilidad de Empleo).