Trump Winery is looking for a professional, energetic, enthusiastic individual to oversee our Sales & Marketing Department! The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies to maximize brand awareness and sales for all departments at Trump Winery, including our e-Commerce, Tasting Room, Wine Club, Hotel, and Distribution. This individual directly manages all aspects of our e-commerce and is responsible for driving revenue, traffic, and new customer acquisition growth through performance and brand marketing efforts. This position is full-time.
We provide a fun atmosphere with an opportunity to grow, competitive pay with benefits including great, affordable medical insurance (covering 80% of employee premium and 20% dependent), dental and vision insurance (covering 80% of the employee premium), voluntary life insurance, voluntary accident insurance (PTO (paid vacation, sick days, and holidays), 401k eligibility after one year with up to 6% company match, generous employee discount, travel discounts at Trump Hotels, educational opportunities, paid volunteer days, and more.
Location:Trump Winery - 20 minutes south of Downtown Charlottesville
Schedule: Full Time, M-F in our Charlottesville, VA office
- Develop and execute marketing and sales initiatives to include print/digital promotions and advertisements, email/direct marketing campaigns, website, and social media planning to create and promote brand awareness and meet revenue and growth targets for all departments; constantly analyze results and regularly adjust them or implement new strategies
- Manage e-commerce and website content; conduct regular audits of website content and external digital listings to ensure accurate and updated information; manage user experience of the website including site navigation, shopping and checkout experience
- Establish new e-commerce opportunities with notable metrics and insights and develops a marketing strategy for new product launches, collections, promotions, etc.
- Proactively monitor digital marketing results against KPIs/goals/budgets, own regular performance reporting with clear communications that demonstrate the value of digital marketing programs
- Maintain a strong understanding of consumer in order to direct, connect and grow the business
- Direct a cohesive internal and external team to effectively develop e-commerce strategies, technology updates, and advertising campaigns
- Design and deploy email marketing campaigns for both Trump Winery and Albemarle Estate; manage email lists and create segments and tags to increase engagement and sales from all campaigns; develop and implement plans to continually increase email marketing subscribers
- Provide expertise on current e-commerce and industry best practices; identify new areas of opportunity beyond current strategies
- Oversee management of social media accounts: create and publish relevant and original on-brand content for numerous social media outlets to increase brand awareness and maintain customer relationships; monitor comments and respond in a timely manner
- Review all digital marketing insights, including but not limited to social media accounts, google analytics, website traffic, product performance, digital ad performance, and email marketing reports; compile monthly report from data to analyze trends, test results, and draw conclusions
- Work closely with General Manager, Assistant General Manager, and department managers to create action plans to meet department sales goals by holding monthly or bi-monthly marketing meetings
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, design and strategy, as well as the marketing trends of industry influencers; note relevant social media “holidays” on editorial calendar
- Draft and publish Trump Winery press releases; maintain accurate media contact list
- Create, manage, and update brand marketing material, both internal and external, including various printed collateral and digital assets; maintain company branding through marketing and communication
- Manage & adhere to marketing and e-commerce budget; effectively and efficiently execute marketing strategies within budget and develop plans to achieve budget goals
- Work closely with other department managers to create and implement strategies to meet sales goals for all revenue areas (Tasting Room, Retail, Wine Club, Albemarle Estate, Events)
- Manage the work of the Customer Service, Marketing, and Warehouse Manager
- Assist Events Manager in the planning and implementing of marketing events, including but not limited to wine club events; promote all winery events
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
- 5+ years of overall progressive experience in e-commerce/online marketing/direct-to-consumer roles, with at least 2+ years of hands-on experience managing digital marketing channels
- Extensive knowledge of ecommerce technologies, digital marketing, and analytics
- Experience in sales/CRM/POS system
- Experience with multiple e-marketing and e-commerce platforms (e.g. MailChimp, Klaviyo, Shopify, WineDirect, Orderport)
- Experience with design programs (e.g. Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Canva, Adobe Spark)
- Strong proficiency in Google analytics to analyze campaigns and websites with experience running A/B or multivariate campaign testing
- Deep understanding of earned, owned and paid acquisition channels with the ability to define high-level strategy as well as drive channel-specific tactics and optimizations across platforms
- Strong math skills required. Analytical budget analysis, spend analysis, customer acquisition costs, etc.
- Ability to work on feet for eight hours at a time. Able to push, pull, carry, and lift up to 50 pounds. Frequently bends over, kneels, twists, reaches over head, climbs stairs, ladders, and walks varied surfaces (paved, incline, uneven, etc).
- Valid Driver’s License
- Managers’ Alcohol Responsibility Training Certificate
See why we’ve been named “one of the best places to work in Charlottesville”. We offer:
- Competitive pay
80% employer paid and 40% dependent paid medical premium with only a $1000 deductible
80% employer paid dental premium
80% employer paid vision premium
- Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- Voluntary Life and Accident Plans available
- 401k after one year with up to 6% company match
- Generous discounts on wine, merchandise, and hotels
- Monthly wine training opportunities
- Two paid team volunteer days per year
Trump Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local law.
Trump Winery participates in the E-Verify Program (Identity and Employment Eligibility Verification) and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Este Empleador participa en E-Verify (Verificación de Documentos de Identidad y Elegibilidad de Empleo).