Why join NBCC?
The National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc., and Affiliates (NBCC) fosters a collaborative work environment filled with people dedicated to advancing mental health services across the globe. Through credentialing, examinations, continuing education, legislation, scholarships, and grants, we are passionate about supporting counselors and mental health providers so that they can make the biggest impact for the clients they serve.
Some of our amazing benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) retirement plan with a 6% company match and a 2% discretionary profit sharing
- Daycare assistance - dependent care FSA employer contribution
- Medical health reimbursement account - employer contributions
- Employer paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Basic Term Life AD&D
- Paid time-off programs (sick, vacation, personal)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Costco or Sam’s Club membership
- Employer paid LifeLock identity theft protection
CONTINUING EDUCATION PROVIDER DEPARTMENT
The Continuing Education Provider Department’s mission is to provide quality assurance of continuing education (CE) programs and providers that enable graduate-level counselors to maintain, develop, and increase professional competencies. Housed within the Credentialing and Quality Assurance Division, the department ensures that organizations that offer NBCC credit for qualifying CE programs meet and maintain only the highest level of quality in content, development, delivery, documentation, and all other aspects needed for effective, evidence-based programming.
The Continuing Education Reviewer is responsible for critical thinking regarding CE program content, provider eligibility, and policy compliance. The Continuing Education Reviewer will also engage in regular communications with CE providers and applicants. The Continuing Education Reviewer is responsible for timely reviews, providing active feedback and input into the processes within the department, as well as participation in team discussions with the goal of continued improvement, consistency, and quality assurance for all reviews.
The Continuing Education Reviewer will help to review all provider applications within the Continuing Education Provider Department. The Continuing Education Reviewer will also assist with provider audits as needed. The following responsibilities and duties are a summary of the essential roles and functions of the position. Other duties may be performed as needed or requested to achieve department, division, and/or organizational goals.
- Reviews Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) applications for ACEP status.
- Reviews Single Program approval applications.
- Assists with reviews of ACEP audits.
- Assists with reviews of Single Program audits.
- Performs prompted audits of current ACEPs and Single Program providers.
- Assists with reviews of Cosponsorship applications.
- Produces written communication and decision letters to applicants, ACEPs, and others.
- Communicates verbally with applicants, ACEPs, and other stakeholders.
- Operates virtual communication platforms, including telephone and video conferencing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: n/a
- Excellent strategic decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Strong research and analytic skills
- Strong synthesis skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and related technology communication platforms
- Ethical Practice
- Critical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with an emphasis in mental health, social work, human services, higher education, or accreditation required.
- Master’s degree with an emphasis in mental health, social work, human services, higher education, or accreditation preferred.
- Two (2) years’ related experience and/or training preferred.
- Two (2) years’ related experience in regulation and/or policy compliance.
- Familiarity with graduate-level counseling and counseling regulatory standards.
- Working knowledge of counseling theories, diagnoses, and practices.
- Working knowledge of Office 365, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of the internet, company databases, and queries.
- Licensed Professional Counselor preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Hybrid - Telecommuting/remote and on campus at the NBCC office
- Ability to work (sit or stand) at a desk throughout the workday
- Ability to look at computer screen throughout the workday
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
|NBCC and Affiliates provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.