Are you a Maintenance Technician who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, we’ve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play. Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance.
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan.
- 80 hours of paid time off
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education.
- Career growth opportunities.
- $18.00 - $20.00/hour (based on your education, experience, and credentials)
- 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday or
- 2:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
What You Will Be Doing
We want people to join our team who share our values of love, excellence, respect, empowerment, and well-being. The ideal candidate will have a vast knowledge of maintenance. You would be working in residential and campus settings, where every day is unique and interesting. Your focus on following all safety guidelines, maintenance schedules, manufacturer’s recommendations, and other best practices will help you find a high level of success in this role.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Performs maintenance service and repairs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine servicing, electrical, vehicle servicing, and lawn/landscaping.
- Must be knowledgeable in the procedures and safety measures in all areas of general maintenance.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within all areas of general maintenance.
- Will regularly travel around to the different Boundless facilities to fix problems at the facilities.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Two to three years of proven experience working in the maintenance field or in a related area
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to communicate in English, including both spoken and in writing
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- Proof of auto insurance
- Must be able to lift up to 60lbs
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of tools, materials, methods, and practices used in maintenance and occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skill in operation of power and manual tools and operation of light and heavy equipment
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccine required
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.