Tribal Land Records Associate
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tribal Land Records Associate
LOWER ELWHA KLALLAM TRIBE
Land Records Associate
OVERVIEW: The Land Records Associate position is a temporary post providing support to the Tribe's Legal Records Clerk to organize, catalog and scan realty records.
WORK LOCATION: Lower Elwha Reservation, 463 Stratton Road, Port Angeles, WA
SUPERVISED BY: Legal Records Clerk
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Position June 15- September 15, 2022
(500 hours Maximum).
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
SALARY LEVEL: $22 / HR
CLOSING DATE: May 15, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage in training and study regarding federal and tribal land codes and policy history and practice.
- Organize and catalog historical documents related to land title, assignment, lease, rights of way, easement and other legal records related to real properties on the Lower Elwha Reservation.
- Provide clerical support to the Legal Records Clerk with typing, scanning, copying, filing tasks emphasizing electronic file and record management.
- Develop database for real estate records.
- Other duties as required.
- This summer position requires successful completion of minimum of two years college level work in sociology, history, pre-law, data management, or related field.
- Working knowledge of MicroSoft Office including WORD, EXCEL, and PowerPoint.
- Highly organized
- Able to self- manage and problem solve.
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal abilities.
Conditions of Employment:
- The Associate is subject to the Tribe's Drug and Alcohol Free Work Place Policy including pre-employment screening, and
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver's License and be insurable under the LEKT policy.
- Requires standing, sitting, stooping and bending intermittently
- Requires ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Requires ability to see/understand colors, alpha numerical chart systems and visual acuity.
- Requires ability to hear and understand verbal instructions.
As with all positions of the Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe this position is Indian Preference in hiring.
Applications available at
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe is a sovereign, federally recognized Indian Nation, with its own constitution and government. Not only does the Tribe govern itself, but many Tribal administrative departments oversee the everyday function of the reservation and provide for Tribal members.
The Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe resides in the Lower Elwha River Valley and adjacent bluffs on the north coast of the Olympic Peninsula just west of Port Angeles, Washington. As recognized by the United States in 1855's Treaty of Point No Point, the Tribe has lived in this area since time immemorial.
Vision: To ensure that the Lower Elwha Klallam people can pass on their way of life to their children.
Mission: To build a strong and healthy sovereign nation where Tribal members live their values and culture.
This means enhancing the lives of our people both physically and spiritually through social well-being and economic independence while preserving and enhancing our natural resources and cultural heritage.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.