Overview: The maintenance assistant will be responsible for maintenance on all managed units, office building and outside areas.
Full-time position with benefits.
Work Schedule: M-F, 8am -5pm
Supervisor: Maintenance Supervisor
Salary Level: DOQ
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor:
The maintenance assistant is responsible for the maintenance of all managed units, office building and outside areas that are owned and managed by the LEHA consistent with applicable LEHA Policies and Procedures, Federal Regulations and Tribal Ordinances. The maintenance person is responsible for maintenance procedures to assure compliance with the LEHA policies, specifically the Maintenance Policy, Procurement Policy and applicable housing quality standards.
- Clean common areas, clean out units in a timely manner.
- Basic knowledge to operate hand tools and equipment, and complete maintenance work order requests in a timely manner.
- Perform landscape maintenance and grounds work. Trim and cuts grass with push and riding mower, weed eaters, power tools and hand tools.
- Complete and submit work orders.
- Complete inspections.
- Responsible for the equipment/vehicle maintenance care and repair.
- Provide maintenance to exterior of units including; clean gutters, roofs, siding, replace windows and screens.
- Provide maintenance to the interior of units including painting, floor installation, minor electrical repairs of the outlets, switches, appliances, minor plumbing repairs such as unclog drains, fix faucets and repair leaks.
- Ability to complete assigned projects in a timely manner as a team and ability to work with little supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required by position:
- Ability to comply with Lower Elwha Housing policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Handle multiple tasks and complete projects within specified time frames.
- Ability to withstand temperature change and work in all kinds of weather.
- Ability to safely operate and maintain the mowers, weed eaters, hand or power tools necessary to perform the required duties of the position.
- Ability to perform heavy outside work.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Effectively meet and communicate with tenants.
- Have basic skills and knowledge for repairs and maintenance of all housing related home repairs.
- Graduation from high school or GED; or work experience equivalent.
- Must be able to pass a background check with no prior convictions of child-related offenses, or any felonies.
- Must have knowledge of proper use of protective wear when working with chemicals and power tools.
- Must be dependable and prompt in work attendance daily.
- Must be able to operate equipment and machinery in a safe and cautious manner.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible and able to work on your own and as a team.
- Ability to lift 50lbs and be able to handle physical exertion.
- Must have the stamina to do work that requires repetitive motions, standing, sitting, walking, talking, hearing, pushing, pulling, using hands to handle or operate objects, tools or controls, and reaching with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required including up close vision and ability to focus.
- Frequent sitting, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Must be able to climb a ladder and work on roofs.
- Must be able to work 8 hours a day 5 days a week.
- Must abide by the Lower Elwha Housing Authority personnel policies and procedures and the Drug and Alcohol policy, which will include pre-employment drug/alcohol testing.
- Must abide by our confidentially agreement.
- As with all positions of the Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe, this position is Indian Preference in hiring, in accordance with P.L. 93-638.
Opening Date: January 13, 2023
Closing Date: Open until filled
Contact: Jennifer Hutto, Executive Director
Lower Elwha Housing Authority
22 Kwitsen Drive, Port Angeles, WA 98363