OFN is looking for a strategist and thought partner to design and execute a new initiative at OFN to raise the profile of the CDFI industry with the national media and key opinion leaders by inserting CDFIs into the national debate about economic opportunity, financial inclusion, and equity. Working with OFN’s External Affairs team, the SVP, Strategic Communications will be responsible for assuring that OFN’s key messages are reinforced through all external facing OFN activities, particularly OFN’s annual conference.
The successful candidate must possess persuasive and clear communications skills aimed at changing minds and mobilizing action.
OFN is a leading national network of CDFIs headquartered in Washington, D.C. In pursuit of our mission to align capital with social, economic, and political justice, OFN supports its 350+ member CDFIs with money, strength, and voice to drive transformational change in financially underserved rural, urban, and Native communities nationwide. We help money flow to people and places where traditional finance doesn’t reach. As a financial intermediary, OFN secures private capital for CDFIs through strategic partnerships with leading corporations such as Google and Twitter, mainstream financial institutions such as Bank of America and Wells Fargo, and philanthropic organizations such as the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
OFN builds the strength of its membership and other CDFIs through financial products and services, events, training, research, policy advocacy, and visibility. Currently OFN has an on-balance sheet loan portfolio of $150 million and manages capital on-and off-balance sheet of nearly $1 billion and has plans to bring additional $1 billion in new private capital to the industry.
To learn more, visit www.ofn.org
People who work at OFN come from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. If you have:
- Passion for the mission and true believer in our core purpose.
- Courage to be a fearless advocate who is confident and resilient in our fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- Smart, quick seekers of knowledge who thrive on creating and developing new strategies, products, and programs for increasing capital to communities we serve.
- Desire to be a collaborative team player who possesses humility and a willingness to lean in all areas of our work.
Come be a part of our growing diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. All staff currently work a hybrid schedule.
- Design and lead OFN’s media outreach program. Identify and cultivate key reporters to advance overarching public relations goal and promote CDFI industry.
- Craft and implement proactive outreach strategies to reach external opinion leader and influencer audiences. Leverage OFN’s events, especially OFN’s annual conference, to amplify the CDFI industry’s positive image with priority audiences.
- Identify external opportunities, including media interviews and speaking engagements to showcase OFN thought leadership.
- Write press releases, media pitches, and op-eds as needed.
- Manage media inquiries for CEO and other OFN leaders to maximize impact. Prepare OFN CEO and other spokespeople for media interviews and speaking engagements.
- Develop metrics for tracking success of OFN’s public relations activities.
- Leverage earned media and speaking appearances in OFN’s industry communications channels such as the blog, social media, etc.
- Supervise staff members and outside public relations contractors as required.