Hui Huliau is a nonprofit Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO) and community service organization whose business activities principally benefit Native Hawaiians. As an NHO we operate under U. S. Small Business Administration (SBA) regulations and own small businesses that participate in the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program for minority owned companies. Our small businesses provide a variety of contracted services to the U. S. Military, U. S. Civilian agencies, and commercial customers at locations worldwide.
Profits from Hui Huliau's for-profit subsidiaries help sustain important education, social, economic, and cultural preservation programs that serve Native Hawaiians in the Waianae community. The Waianae Coast on the western side of the island of Oahu has the highest per capita percentage of Native Hawaiians in the world and the highest poverty and unemployment rate in the State of Hawaii.
Our mission to strengthen our communities, make a positive impact on the lives we touch, and provide a brighter future for the Native Hawaiian people through education, economic opportunities, and the preservation of the Hawaiian language and culture. Hui Huliau employees help us achieve this mission by providing outstanding service to our customers.
Pono Aina Management, LLC a subsidiary of Hui Huliau is seeking a Senior Logistics Technician in Maui, Hawaii.
The Senior Logistics Technician (SLT) manages Air Force material accounting procedures, inventory control, distribution, storage, and receipt management of property, and interrelated chain of logistics activities, as defined in the Performance Work Statement (PWS). Ensures all Logistics work is performed in accordance with (IAW) the terms and conditions of the contract and consistently within the established standards in this PWS and contract.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for all Logistics planning and fiscal/budget actions. Supervises all logistics and supply chain personnel.
- Manage Material Accounting Procedures, Inventory Control, Distribution, Storage, and Receipt Management of Property, and interrelated chain of Logistics activities.
- Manages Equipment & Supply Point Control Functions, Defense Property and
- Accountability System (DPAS), and Accountable Property System of Record (APSR) reporting to meet Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) compliance requirements.
- Manage all Aspects of Logistics Management and Air Force Supply Activities.
- Assume and Manages Fiscal Responsibility for all Logistics Actions.
- Ensure Accurate and Responsive Reporting on all Logistics Metrics.
- Manage Logistics Actions/Activities.
Material and Equipment Directly Used
Office computers and equipment, telephones, radios, Microsoft Office suite of tools, spreadsheets and database outputs and reporting, virtual data sharing platforms (e.g., SharePoint, Teams, etc.) and other forms of remote worksharing tools.
Primarily performed in an office environment, with work in virtual space, as well as operations centers, network/server rooms, and other datacenter environments. The SLT shall be available between the hours of 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, except during lunch hour, federal holidays or when the government facility is closed for administrative reasons.
Must be able to sit, stand, and work at a computer for long periods of time.
Education / Certifications:
- Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizen
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Logistics procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of Air Force material accounting procedures, inventory control, distribution, storage, and receipt management of property.
- Extensive experience with Air Force supply policy, as permitted in AFI/AFMAN 23-series publications and AFRLI 23-141.
- Broad understanding and experience with the interrelated chain of logistics activities.
Skills & Technology Used:
- Microsoft Office Suite of tools
- Microsoft Teams
Hui Huliau and its subsidiaries are participants of E-Verify.
Hui Huliau and its subsidiaries are drug free workplaces.