FoxGuard Solutions is looking to add a full-time Network Administrator to its team of experienced IT professionals! Your skillset will play a vital role in protecting critical infrastructure, working alongside a diverse and collaborative team. We are looking for an innovative, team-conscious, and highly motivated individual who is knowledgeable in Cisco networking applications and hardware.
At FoxGuard Solutions, we develop customized cyber security, compliance, and industrial computing solutions to protect and optimize the world's critical infrastructure. Headquartered in Christiansburg, Virginia, in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains near Virginia Tech and Radford University, we meet the cybersecurity needs of customers all over the world. Recognized as 2021 Company of the Year by the Roanoke-Blacksburg Technology Council, our passion is advancing the technology available to our customers and the skills of our team members. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Framatome, we are built for security and have big plans for growth. The world needs what we do, and we need you. Apply Now!
What will you be doing?
Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, administration, security, and management of the computer networks consisting primarily of Cisco products including switches, routers, firewalls, wireless access points, VPN and Internet connections. Will be responsible for fundamental troubleshooting of network, perform upgrades, and provide detailed technical support documentation. Assists in establishing policies that relate to the use of network infrastructure, particularly security and monitoring. Responsible for responding to employee networking needs in a timely manner.
- Maintain network connectivity of all computer workstations.
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on network hardware. (routers, switches, firewalls, etc.)
- Recommend improvements for securing the network and communications infrastructure.
- Provide all FoxGuard employees with technical expertise as it relates to network and internet communications.
- Create and maintain technical support documentation for networking systems and applications.
- Monitoring network and communication equipment.
- Assist with resolving helpdesk tickets as assigned
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments.
- Proactively monitor system network performance and capacity planning.
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks.
- Assist implementation and management of disaster recovery and back-up.
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
- Maintain security and appropriate ACLs for all assigned systems.
- Maintain a very high awareness of security by upgrading software when appropriate.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement; always look for ways to improve processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
What will you bring to the table?
- Associates degree in a related field or 2 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- Fundamental knowledge of Cisco network technologies and concepts
- Experience with network management, analysis, and troubleshooting tools
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong documentation skills
- Hands-on technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Exception written and verbal communication skills
- CompTIA Network+ or equivalent demonstrated knowledge
The ideal candidate will have...
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of related experience.
- CCNA or the ability to obtain within six months are strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Linux with a focus on RedHat and CentOS
- Scripting (Bash, Python)
What we can offer you...
FoxGuard Solutions offers a competitive salary with a great benefits package, which includes dental, medical and vision insurance, as well as 401k, wellness programs, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, educational assistance and paid-time-off.
FoxGuard Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of Framatome, an international leader in nuclear energy. As its Center of Excellence for Cybersecurity, FoxGuard Solutions strengthens Framatome's cybersecurity offering for the energy industry to include consulting services, implementation, managed solutions, and specific secruity hardware and control system equipment.