**This is an onsite position located in Cumberland, WI**
Department: Business Unit 1- Lawn and Garden Product Development
Reports to: Senior Electrical Engineer
Ardisam is an employee-owned company based in the heart of the Midwest. Passion drives our business as we work to become the most well-known name in various outdoor industries including hunting, ice fishing, gardening, camping and more. Our Cumberland Wisconsin Headquarters since 1960 houses our rapidly growing team of over 130 employees. Our commitment to innovation and quality has been exceeding customer expectations for decades with no sign of slowing down. Our brands include but are not limited to: Earthquake Power Equipment, Eskimo Ice Fishing, Ion Ice Fishing, Rivers Edge Treestands, Barronett Blinds, Yardbird Chicken Pluckers, Fusion Drill Powered Tools, and more
Ardisam, Inc. is searching for an electrical engineer with the passion and motivation to contribute to innovative, industry-leading products. The electrical engineer will collaborate with a variety of colleagues from engineering, product development and manufacturing, and work across several of the Ardisam brands including ION, Eskimo, Earthquake, Yardbird, and Castle. In addition to being a team player, our ideal candidate is a self-motivated problem solver who finds pragmatic solutions to highly technical challenges.
The position will need to cultivate and apply knowledge to a broad range of components and manufacturing processes including injection molded plastic, sheet metal, machining, rubber molding, IC engines, power transmission, AC/DC motors, circuit boards, and sensors.
- Design, develop and maintain functional electrical systems for existing and future products
- Understand electrical requirements for products and develop solutions to problems
- Create theories of operation for electrical systems
- Create electrical standards for electrical drawings and testing procedures, evaluate and create electrical schematics and PCB layouts and make changes where necessary.
- Evaluate Li-Ion battery management systems and cell capabilities.
- Evaluate, specify, design or source Li-ion battery chargers.
- Design and maintain motor controllers and associated systems.
- Review or create 2D part drawings, 3D CAD models and bill of materials for electrical systems including, but not limited to, sensors, motors and circuit boards
- Create and implement test plans for prototypes and competitive product samples
- Act as knowledge resource (SME) for design, quality, and testing of electrical components and systems
- Effectively communicate project status updates to management
- Effectively communicate with foreign suppliers
- Help to develop and document quality expectations with related team members
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry standards and regulations
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities
Qualifications and Skills:
- Thorough understanding of electrical systems, electronic components, circuit design and familiarity with microcontrollers.
- Experience in control system design, embedded design, C programming and/or VHDL programming would be favorable.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload from multiple projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, circuit board simulation and design software
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to analyze a problem from multiple perspectives and explore creative solutions
- A knowledge of standard quality assurance practices is preferred
- Familiarity with international and domestic safety standards for electronic equipment.
- Proficient in the use of Solidworks or other computer-aided design software applications a plus
- Bachelors degree in electrical engineering or similar field.
Benefits: Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Personal Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401K Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent), Health Savings Account with Employer Contributions.
Duration of Employment: Full Time
Work Days: Monday Friday
Hours / Day: 8
Work Shift: First Shift
Travel:10% travel may be required
Ardisam, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ardisam, Inc. is a Substance Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug screens.
To Apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=4473697