The Service Help Desk Representative trainee participant will participate in a dual certificate program designed to educate program participants on information technology fundamentals. The Service Desk Representative escalates technical or sophisticated issues to the next level up or as high as management. The Service Desk Representative Trainee is an entry-level position within this field. The Service Help Desk Representative Trainee conducts routine tasks as directed and is closely supervised with little latitude for independent judgment. The Service Desk Representative Trainee requires the ability to listen, analyze, document, resolve and/or escalate issues while providing excellent customer service skills to end users in the medical community. The goal of this position is to learn the fundamentals of information technology, complete the weekly education hours and obtain certifications for the position. This position promotes continuing education and offset cost for existing and/or incurred educational costs in exchange for a period of obligated service. The position also provides the opportunity for career advancement through tier levels as determined by information technology experience and certification. Program is 80 hours in total; refer to Service Help Desk Representative Trainee Program for further details.
APPLIES TO SERVICE HELP DESK REPRESENTATIVE TRAINEE:
- Will learn to create a ticket for new calls into the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) tool.
- Will be able to communicate response times for dispatched tickets to end users
- Upon successful completion, will be able to identify and resolve end user request, problem or incident using the relevant knowledge base tools and other technical resources
- Will be able to participate and provides feedback in team meetings and daily IS huddles
- Learns about the performance indicator (KPI) & process to management where applicable.
- Will be able to identifies recurring incidents and escalate them for problem management.
- Will learn to maintain log of all worked preformed and processed and turned in to supervisor by the end of the day.
- Upon successful completion, will be able to manage the entire service request process ensuring adherence to service level agreements.
- Upon successful completion, will have the ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Upon successful completion, will have the ability to provide end users with outstanding customer care and service always.
- Will develop to present a positive, effective and flexible contribution to achieving team targets and objectives.
- Will be able to protect confidential and sensitive information and materials
- Will learn to collaborate with other team members to provide high quality support
- Will be able to ensure constant self-development using day to day work, training, and any other available tool
- Upon successful completion, will be able to efficiently answer, troubleshoot, resolve, thoroughly document and accurately triage incoming calls, web portal interactions and e-mails into the service desk application.
- Will be able to interact with the customer, department and vendor support to facilitate first call incident resolution.
- Upon successful completion, will be able to escalate user issues as needed by contacting the appropriate IS resource group.
- Will be able to provide updates to customers via the outgoing Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) message system and web-based communication tool.
- Upon successful completion, will be able to coordinate closely with senior peers to identify, investigate, track, and resolve desktop, application and system issues, ensuring the solution is timely and of acceptable quality.
- Upon successful completion, will be able to assist in developing and utilizes on-line procedures, solutions, and knowledge databases. Will be able to assist with training of peers and acts as a resource for other staff members
- This position has responsibility for multiple company information technology applications and systems. Work is performed in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities regarding the urgency of the issue and/or application.
- Ensure proper PPE is worn at all times while on duty including but not limited to, face mask, gloves, gown, isolation gown, NIOSH-approved N95 filtering facepiece respirator or higher, if available), and eye or face shield when required.
- Will be able to participate in departmental workflow and or testing teams as related to electronic health record or other project initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work involves sitting for long periods of time, occasional standing, walking, driving, bending, climbing, kneeling, crouching, twisting, maintaining balance, and reaching. Must have ability to occasionally lift, push, and pull objects over 100lbs. Sensory requirements for this position include prolonged ability for near vision, depth perception, hearing normal speech, hearing overhead pages, telephone use, frequent ability of seeing fine details and occasional far vision and color vision. Must have ability of both hand manipulation in prolonged use of keyboards, frequent simple grasping and fine manipulation, and occasional firm grasping.
Applicant works with a large variety of hardware, software, and physical medium. Continuously encounters problems and challenges from a “system” point of view that the applicant must recognize and understand with individual program requirements. Mental and emotional requirements include frequent ability to cope with high levels of stress, handle multiple priorities in stressful situation, work alone, demonstrate high degree of patience, occasionally make decisions under high pressure, cope with anger/fear/hostility of others in a calm way, manage altercations, concentrate, handle a high degree of flexibility, work alone, adapt to shift work, and work in areas that are close and crowded. Must frequently accept a flexible schedule to meet unit needs.
May occasionally be exposed to infectious diseases, chemical agents, dust, fumes, gases, extremes in temperature or humidity, hazardous or moving equipment, unprotected heights, and loud noises.