This position is responsible for the coordination, administration, education, and documentation of all customer service initiatives in order to enhance patient and employee experiences. Key functions include serving as a liaison between the patient(s) and TCRHCC by responding timely to patient issues. Impartially investigates, resolves, and documents all outcomes and reports organization-specific patient and visitor complaints and concerns to the Risk Manager and appropriate leaders. The Patient Advocate Coordinator’s tact, approach and, positive customer service relationship skills are critical to meeting the mission and vision of the corporation. Provides accountability and variance analysis (benchmarking) of customer service outcomes and patient/visitor concerns in accordance to regulatory agencies (e.g. federal, state, and tribal), accreditation standard requirements, nationwide hospital benchmarks, and organizational needs.
- Coordinates with the Risk Manager in the resolution of concerns, grievances, and requests for patients and visitors by responding to submitted suggestions and complaints. Documents patient and visitor concerns by including patient demographic data, synopsis of incidences, actions taken to resolve outcomes, and database entry.
- Composes professional letters or e-mails to patients, visitors, providers, and Senior Leadership in accordance to the Complaints and Grievances – Patient/Family policy.
- Analyzes concerns and grievances data and collaborates with the Risk Manager, Senior Leadership, and staff on a monthly basis. Assists in the preparation of annual and quarterly executive reports for Senior Leadership and presents data to department managers.
- Identifies systems related problems, via patient and visitor data, and works collaboratively with physicians, administrators, staff, and Risk Manager to resolve issues.
- Coordinates and facilitates customer service initiatives and provides updates to TCRHCC staff (i.e. board of directors, Senior Leaders, department heads, committees, staff) and the general public.
- Collaborates with supervisor and staff (i.e. Senior Leadership, department heads, clinicians, outside entities, and customer service committees) in the communication and updating of customer service goals, initiatives, objectives, and plans.
- Facilitates and provides training, oversight, and administrative assistance for customer service initiatives and provides technical support by reviewing and recommending improvement to policies and procedures.
- Conducts monthly accountability and variance analysis and benchmarks of customer service outcomes to influence positive change across the organization.
- Develops a consultant relationship with clinics and departments to build and sustain a patient/customer-focused culture.
- Performs duties on an as needed basis (evening and weekends) to implement customer service initiatives and various reports to the Board of Directors and management.
- Must be familiar with TJC (Joint Commission) standards such as life, safety, and environment of care.
- Ensure proper PPE is always worn while on duty including but not limited to face mask, gloves, gown, NIOSH-approved N95 filtering respirator or higher (if available), and eye or face shield.17. Complete all donning and doffing tasks in a safe acceptable method and discard of used PPE accordingly. (See CDC website for most current updates).
- Responsible for wearing personal protective equipment as related to the patient areas to complete job essential functions.
- Must adhere to all TCRHCC hospital policies.
- Responsible for electronic health records data entry pertinent to patient service role.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The physical and mental demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by a professional employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires an individual of high energy who can maintain a long and flexible schedule to meet the management requirements. The physical requirements include; sitting at a desk for long periods of time, long periods of sitting in meetings; frequent sitting for intense work on a personal computer, frequent walking to interact with staff within the facility, frequent bending, kneeling, crouching, twisting, maintaining balance and reaching.. Must be able to hear, speak and comprehend over the telephone and in person with others. Must have ability to lift, push and pull up to 50lbs frequently. Sensory requirements for position include prolonged ability for far, near, and color vision, depth perception, seeing fine details, hearing normal speech, telephone use and ability to frequently hear overhead pages. Must have ability of both hand manipulation in simple and firm grasping, fine manipulation, and use of keyboard.
Uses independent judgment and analytical skills to make decisions that impact operations, finances, and customer service within the organization. The incumbent must have the ability to perform in structured and unstructured environments and possess a keen attention to detail and propose practices/mechanisms to enhance customer satisfaction. Must have ability to continually concentrate, handle a high degree of flexibility, handle multiple priorities in stressful situation, demonstrate high degree of patience, adapt to shift work, work in areas that are close in crowded, frequently cope with high levels of stress, make decisions under high pressure, work alone, and occasionally cope with anger/fear/hostility of others in a calm way and manage altercations.
May frequently be exposed to chemical agents, extremes in temperature of humidity, occasional exposure to infectious diseases, dust, fumes, gases, hazardous or moving equipment, and loud noises.