Love animals? Want to make a positive impact on the planet? Come join Woodland Park Zoo as a Cash Office Clerk. We have one, temporary position available with the expectation of 30 hours a week, medical benefits available.
This seasonal position which processes gate deposits and helps with customer transaction inquiries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following
- Prepare daily gate deposits and work with cash delivery personnel.
- Handle customer calls in relation to admission issues, including processing refunds when warranted.
- Assist with auditing gate staff for compliance of required procedures and policies.
- Assist with the handling processes for City Passes, complimentary tickets, and other special admissions mechanisms.
- Maintain control records, files, and other paperwork.
- Assist with special projects as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two (2) year college or technical school; and one (1) year cash handling related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to understand, explain, and enforce policies to on-site staff, other zoo departments, and the general public in a clear and confident manner.
- Ability to remain professional and courteous when resolving customer issues.
- Proficient and experienced in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to adapt communication based on audience and purpose with inclusivity.
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks and requests and meet deadlines in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and within diverse teams and environments while treating everyone with respect.
- Ability to hold self personally accountable for actions and take responsibilities.
- Ability to handle change positively.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- This position may be required to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a typical office environment and/or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- As of November 24, 2021, employees working on or accessing zoo grounds are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination by your first day of employment.
- People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine. Employees may make requests for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. A criminal background check will be required of the selected applicant.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Resume/work history is required when applying. Cover letter is required to be considered for this position.
**Application priority date: April 15th, 2022**
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.