The ICS Supported Employment DSP/Job Coach performs as an integral part of the management team working with adults with disabilities. This position is full time, part time or periodic. The primary duties are to secure community based employment for individuals with disabilities. This position will provide evaluation, job development and intensive training services in the community for the individuals served and supported. The job coach will be the primary contact for Vocational Rehabilitation counselors for all individuals assigned. This position is supervised by the Program Supervisor or designee.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Accompany individuals to job interviews and assist in filling out applications and communicating qualifications.
2. Accompany individuals being supported to their community based employment site to provide on-the-job training.
3. Analyze job duties and tasks and complete a thorough job task analysis.
4. Assists individuals in mastering skills and meeting production standards. Job coach may be required to assist in performing individual's job duties to maintain necessary production as well as model work behavior.
5. Facilitates social interaction with coworkers and provide reinforcement as learning is demonstrated.
6. Provide an average of 87.5% of working hours on direct service to individuals each week.
7. Conduct the primary job development activities for the program.
8. Maintain case records as required by licensing and funding bodies' standards and regulations.
9. Coordinates communication with parents, case manager and other agencies serving the individuals being supported. This means that documentation must be entered into the electronic medical record system within 24 hours of service delivery.
10. Maintains good work habits regarding attendance, punctuality, appearance and effective working relationships with co-workers, VR and LME staff, employers and individuals being supported.
11. Provides supplemental evaluation, job development and intensive training activities with individuals being supported according to their VR authorization, service plan and work schedule.
12. Assists with the personal care needs of the individuals being supported such as toileting, dressing, eating, etc. as needed.
13. Responds to safety needs of the individuals being supported (i.e. choking, positioning, etc.)
14. Keeps the Team Leader informed on all issues of importance.
15. Attends appropriate work related workshops, in-service trainings, and conferences.
16. Maintains regular attendance and punctuality, manages use of PTO time, and follows all policies and procedures regarding time off.
17. Completes required training within prescribed timeframes.
18. Follows all ESUCP Policies and Procedures, including Universal Precautions practices.
19. Demonstrates Easter Seals valued behaviors of Accountability, Commitment and Caring as appropriate to position.
20. Performs related duties as requested