$1,000 Sign-on Bonus
The Assistant Center Manager provides administrative program support for the Center Manager and assists in maintaining the daily operations of the center and adhering to DCF, APPLE and Head Start regulations.
1. Assist the Center Manager with the day-to-day operations of the center.
2. Assist with scheduling and maintaining sufficient number of staff to meet the center’s needs.
3. Maintain complete and accurate staff files that adhere to DCF regulations, including TB, physicals, DCF hours, credentials, annual training hours, background screenings, etc.
4. Coordinates and maintains all records for the USDA food program at the center.
5. Tracks inventory and coordinates purchases for the center, including food service supplies, office supplies, program supplies, diapers & wipes, and health supplies.
6. Maintains center petty cash fund and completes monthly reconciliation reports.
7. Keeps office area neat and organized. Maintains clean, inviting space for visitors.
8. Greets staff, parents, and visitors upon arriving and departure from the center. Gives prompt and courteous attention.
9. Answers the phone. Gives accurate and pertinent information.
10. Maintains system for classroom records.
11. Assists Center Manager with data entry of staff records and classroom and child assessments.
12. In collaboration with Center Manager and Family Advocate, prepares and distributes monthly center newsletter.
13. Participates in the daily maintenance of the site. Follows procedures for reporting maintenance needs in a timely manner.
14. Assists Center Manager with classroom support and modeling of appropriate interactions as needed.
15. Complete administrative tasks, such as monthly food forms, health and safety checklists and documentation, and attendance tracking logs.
16. Assist Center Manager in handling parent concerns in a timely and professional manner. Be solution-minded. Document all concerns by emailing a summary the same day to the Center Manager.
17. Provide guidance to staff to ensure on-going compliance with DCF licensing regulations, ECS policies and procedures, and accreditation standards.
18. Assist in planning and conducting monthly staff meetings.
19. Assist in the training of new staff to ensure the mission, policies, and procedures of ECS are thoroughly understood.
20. Assist Family Advocate with maintaining informative Parent Board. Keep information up-to-date and relevant for parents.
21. Calculate Non-Federal Share monthly and submit center NFS report to Lead FA.
22. Continue to pursue education and/or professional development goals.
23. Performs other job-related functions as required.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other related marginal duties as required.)
· This position reports to the Center Manager.