Roles and Responsibilities
- Services consist of assisting NRCS staff with mission support duties related to acquisitions, property, and financial management.
- Provide support with collecting and assembling cost data and processing payment application requests and programs; reviewing a wide variety of invoices, vouchers, and other miscellaneous paperwork associated with NRCS Procurements.
- Assists with compiling all necessary supporting documents to substantiate payment requests, ensures that payment requests comply with provisions of long term contracting.
- Assists in reviews of documentation for accuracy, compliance with regulations, and justification of vouchers, invoices, claims, statements, and other requests for payment of goods and services; processes program payment information; prepares for Assistant State Conservationist, Management & Strategy (ASTC-M&S) signature and forwards completed document to financial management staff for payment.
- Responsible for supporting the establishment and maintenance of contracting files.
- Assists with driving Government vehicles to local shops for routine maintenance/service; Keep track of vehicle maintenance/service repairs needed and mileage logs.
- Schedules office machine tech support and maintenance calls.
- Processes mail by use of proper postage, preparation of packages for shipment, provides drop off at delivery sites, provides pickup and distribution of packages (shipping/receiving).
- Compiles contract documentation.
- Assists with assembling project documentation required to process modifications.
- Provide support with collecting and assembling property documents and data call information pertaining to real and personal property issues.
- Provide support for preparing new vehicles for deployment and disposal of excess vehicles.
- Provide support compiling information and tracking updates in support of property inventory requirements.
- Provide support compiling and collecting data to address financial management audit data calls from NRCS headquarters or FPAC-BC.
- Provide support compiling financial management budget information.
- Assists with other mission support related data gathering and processing items.
- Some interaction with the public will be required in an office setting. The work under this award is primarily sedentary; some lifting may be required (boxes or files).
- Travel between field offices may be required to support the agency mission. Travel within the area and/or state occasionally for training and to assist other teams in need may be necessary. There is no overnight travel anticipated at this time. This position is anticipated to require very minimal day trips to adjacent counties.
- Must possess and maintain a state issued driver’s license. Any violations must be noted before use of Government Vehicle
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Must be well organized so that any needed information can be found efficiently
- Must have previous experience in office management and/or administration
- Proficient in word processing and be able to type forty (40) words per minute
- Knowledgeable and experienced in utilizing a variety of computer hardware and software applications, such as Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel,
- PowerPoint, Access, and Teams
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Must be able to utilize Microsoft Outlook for email and calendars and internet browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge
- Knowledgeable and experienced in operating small office machines such as calculators, fax machines, scanners, postage meters, and copy machines
- Knowledgeable and experienced in general office procedures, such as preparing reports, spreadsheets, and filing. Should be able to write at least four (4) letters per hour
- Must be able to use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation in all correspondence and can proof others
- Can file at least fifty (50) documents an hour, electronically and/or physically
- Must have the ability to learn and utilize agency specific software and web-based applications, such as Protracts, Conservation Desktop, Performance Results System
- Must have familiarity with certified mail and return-receipt mail procedures
- Must be capable of work independently
- Must possess basic and courteous telephone skills
- be able to multi-task by working on two (2) and/or more different projects at the same time
- Must be able to shift focus when needed to provide immediate customer assistance
- Must be able to pass a background investigation
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English fluently
- Demonstrates knowledge and support of the Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights policy. Performs all duties in a manner that consistently demonstrates fairness, cooperation and respect toward co-workers, office visitors and all others in the performance of official business. Provides technical assistance proportionately without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or family status, political belief, parental status, or other protected status.
- Must be US Citizen and obtain approval for facility access
- Experience working for/with USDA NRCS
- Experience with Farm Bill initiatives/programs
- Familiarity with natural resource conservation efforts in Missouri
IGH offers a competitive benefits program which includes: Paid PTO days, 401K (4% company match), Company Paid Life Insurance Policy, and comprehensive Health, Vision, Dental and Disability plans.
IGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
IGH is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.