Parsons Electric, an ArchKey Solutions Company, is one of North America's premier electrical and low voltage providers based in the Midwest. Since 1927, we have been tackling challenges head-on to help our customers reach new levels of success. Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Parsons Electric has offices across the Midwest including St. Paul, Coon Rapids, Plymouth, Rochester, Duluth and Fargo.
When you work with an ArchKey Solutions platform company, the future is yours to create. With an average employee tenure over nine years, we are committed to developing your talents and finding the best place for you to succeed within our organization.
Our culture is built around empowerment and our shared core values Problem Solvers, Responsive to Customers, Optimize Teamwork, Uncompromising Integrity, and Do What You Say and embodies the attitudes we use to create an inclusive work environment. Our inclusive workplaces extend beyond the traditional to also celebrate diverse ways of thinking. As problem solvers, we believe theres always room for growth and evolution and that what makes us different provides unique perspectives that can also make us better.
No matter where your journey with Parsons Electric begins, we look forward to seeing what impact you can make on us to improve, reshape and enhance our culture.
Join a team thats breaking ground both in the office and in the field.
Responsible to manage multiple projects of varying sizes and complexities from start to finish, including project design, quality control, job scheduling, problem resolution, job completion, coordination, communication, client satisfaction activities and other related duties. This position assists or manages job estimating, project budgets, projections and contracts, job solicitation and project negotiations, and may also be responsible for training, mentoring and providing work direction to other project team members.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Directs all phases and activities of each project to achieve high quality and productivity in the work performed. This includes project quotations, bidding, budgeting, monitoring projections, scheduling testing procedures and establishing goals and standards of performance. Ensures all jobs or contracts are fulfilled to the customers satisfaction.
- Plans, implements, independently manages and maintains all project activities to optimize efficiency of labor, materials, supplies, equipment and tools, relentlessly driving all aspects of project execution.
- Pushes projects forward despite obstacles for on-time and on-budget completion.
- Procures materials and negotiates with vendors and distributors on availability and pricing of materials, completion of quotes and other necessary procedure details.
- Holds job start up meetings with field operations leaders and others to transfer documentation, schedules and other information. Regularly attends project update meetings to stay current on job scope, schedules, administrative needs and market conditions.
- Ensures all field personnel have the current materials, tools, plans, schedules and directions needed for their work, and that all changes in budget and scope of work are communicated appropriately. Establishes clearly defined duties and objectives to achieve required test results.
- Provides day-to-day direction to project foreman and/or superintendent as needed to monitor productivity goals and build teamwork. Partners with project foreman to conduct jobsite inspections and assure accurate scope, placement and conformance with the contract documents and the Companys project quality assurance standards.
- Provides ongoing quality reviews and project communication with owners, contractors, designers, subcontractors, engineers, architects, field staff and other customers or stakeholders, addressing and resolving issues when needed.
- Builds strategic, effective relationships with customers, foremen, project team, specialty contractors, vendors, suppliers, user groups and others that reflect and support the Companys core values and meet or exceed the customers expectations, contributing to the Companys profitability and overall business development.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience in project management, business administration, construction engineering/management or a related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of project management experience.
- Trained and proficient in estimating techniques, negotiating, budgeting, costing, contracting, scheduling, pricing and common code requirements.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with construction methods and materials, costing, power, lighting, systems design and general industry safety standards, procedures and regulations.
- Skills to read, interpret and understand electrical contracts, plans, drawings, blueprints and specifications.
- Superior leadership, customer focus, delegation, presentation and decision-making skills.
- Strong collaboration, coaching, teamwork and interpersonal skills. Ability to work with and facilitate diverse work teams.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking skills and detail orientation.
- Effective independent problem solving, negotiation, time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to independently and effectively manage workflow and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with multiple and sometimes changing priorities.
- Holds a valid drivers license.
PEC Solutions LLC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer: M/W/Vets/Disabilities.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is an important aspect of our culture.
Every person is welcomed Every person is included Every person is valued