The incumbent is responsible for utilizing database systems to enhance surveillance, tracking, and monitoring of the health status of the population served by the Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation (TCRHCC). Incumbent performs population health analytics to identify public health problems and trends. Incumbent is responsible for public health and healthcare service data to ascertain changing patterns of health and illness related to the mission of TCRHCC. Incumbent performs data management and data cleaning and conducts statistical and epidemiological analyses related to disease outbreaks, health services and population health. Additionally, the incumbent helps prepare findings for dissemination. Incumbent works under the direction of Public Health Program Director. Incumbent may work remotely as directed by supervisor. This is an American Rescue Plan Act-funded position.
- Imports, exports, and cleans data from various sources, including the electronic health record (EHR), patient tracking software, and other software systems to collect data. Manages data and ensures robust quality assurance. Develops sustainable plans and tools for quality assurance.
- Prepares and analyzes data for the purpose of population health assessment. Creates reports on population health data and trends, analyzing data using statistical software. Statistically analyzes performance, outcomes, and health status across characteristics of people, place, facilities, and over time.
- Collaborates as appropriate with tribal, county, state, regional, and federal partners.
- Applies quantitative methods to develop data collection tools for the review, evaluation, survey, and improvement of public health programs and healthcare services, including infectious disease testing, case investigation, and contact tracing.
- Establishes and maintains an integrated system of information gathering and reporting.
- Develops and organizes measures and measurement plans.
- Produces dashboards, reports, and presentations on data using visual analytics software.
- Works collaboratively with Information Technology department and other stakeholders to ensure accurate collection, quality and validated data is generated for all public health program project purposes.
- Adheres to all TCHRCC Policies and Procedures.
- Develops and prepares periodic special and standard reports, using effective methods for data presentation to diverse audiences. Fulfill data analysis requests from internal and external partners. Interfaces with non-technical users to assist with data interpretation and understanding of results.
- Reviews and appraises adequacy and validity of public health data, identifying problem areas. Provides guidance on data limitations.
- Assists the Contact Tracing team by performing contact tracing activities for patients testing positive for Covid 19, and conducting negative results calling.
- Ensure proper PPE is worn at all times while on duty including but not limited to, face mask, gloves, gown, isolation gown, NIOSH-approved N95 filtering facepiece respirator or higher, if available), and eye or face shield.
- Complete all donning and doffing tasks in a safe acceptable method and discard of used PPE accordingly. (see CDC website for most current updates)
- Complete task training for all routine cleaning and decontamination processes for all surfaces contaminated by a communicable disease to ensure a high level of patient, visitor, employee, and external customer satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Positive involves long hours of sitting, must also be able o occasionally stand, walk, drive, and bend. Must be able to push, pull and lift up to 10lbs occasionally. Must have ability of near and color vision, seeing fine details, hearing normal speech and occasionally far vision, depth perception, hearing overhead pages, and telephone use. Must have ability of simple/firm grasping and prolonged use of keyboards.
Must be able to prioritize and use good judgment; must have critical thinking skills to problem solve and plan, identify and question issues and information in order to make appropriate assumptions, inferences, implications, and decisions; and must be able to communicate with staff, providers, senior leaders, and external entities. Must be able to continuously concentrate, handle high degree of flexibility and work alone, frequently cope with high levels of stress, make decisions under high pressure, handle multiple priorities in stressful situation and occasionally demonstrate high degree of patience. Must accept a flexible schedule to meet unit needs.
May occasionally be exposed to infectious diseases, dust, fumes, and gases.
Baccalaureate degree in data science, statistics, or other healthcare data-related field.
Must have at least 6 months of experience and/or training in data analysis and visualization using R studio/R markdown
Must have and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by the American Heart Association or obtain within six months of date of hire
Other Skills and Abilities:
A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers. All employment references must address and indicate success in each one of the following areas:
- Skill with tools needed to perform all activities within scope of work, such as statistical software (R programming, PowerBI, SAS, or STATA) and visual analytics software, such as Tableau.
- Knowledge of analytics and metrics including visual geographical display, exploratory data analysis, tabular analysis and displays, statistical process control.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative techniques for measuring and analyzing data
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage work within a designated time frame
- Positive working relationships with others
- Possession of high ethical standards and no history of complaints
- Reliable and dependable; reports to work as scheduled without excessive absences