The Event Planner will be responsible for the coordination and support of the Navajo Hopi Health Foundation (Foundation) fundraising events. The position requires hand-on involvement in all event fundraising and event activities; development and management of event committees and volunteers; development of business relationships along with the solicitations of monetary and in-kind support for sponsorship, auctions, fundraising activities, and event outreach.
- Responsible for planning and coordination of the Foundation’s fundraising events
- Solicitation of sponsorship of monetary and in-kind support
- Responsible for event timelines and coordinate staff and volunteer work activities
- Tracks incoming funds, expenses, and budgets for all fundraising events.
- Creates all event materials (letters, invitations, posters, flyers, etc.)
- Develop and coordinate an annual fundraising plan in accordance with the budget
- Maintain the fundraising calendar of events
- Actively recruit new sponsors and donors for all fundraising events.
- Develops, recommends, and administers policies, procedures and processes in support of
- Foundation goals and operations.
- Participates in/on a variety of meetings, committees, taskforces and/or other related groups to communicate information regarding the Foundation and its initiatives.
- Manage all vendor relationships and event venue(s)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires the ability to sit, stand, and walk, for a prolonged period of time, to occasionally drive, bend, climb, kneel, crouch, maintain balance, reach, and twist to pick up small objects. Must be able to occasionally lift/push/pull over 100lbs as needed. Sensory requirements are frequent ability of far vision, near vision, color vision, depth perception, seeing fine details, hearing normal speech, hearing overhead pages and telephone use. The duties require the ability to use telecommunications and office equipment including use of keyboard. Work also requires ability of simple grasping, firm grasping and fine manipulation with both hands and fingers.
Must be able to use good judgment, prioritize projects, coordinate multiple assignments, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail. Must be able to work under pressure. Work involves ability to cope with high levels of stress, make decisions under high pressure, cope with anger/fear/hostility of others in a calm way, manage altercations, concentrate, handle high degree of flexibility, handle multiple priorities in stressful situation, work alone, demonstrate high degree of patience, adapt to shift work and work in areas that are close and crowded. Must accept a flexible schedule to meet unit needs.
In this position you may occasionally be exposed to infectious diseases, chemical agents, dust, fumes, gases, extremes in temperature or humidity, hazardous or moving equipment, unprotected heights, and loud noises.
Associates’ degree in business or related field
- A minimum of one (1) year in sales or fundraising or equivalent
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication
- Experience in fundraising, marketing, and project management
Proficiency in financial accounting system, Microsoft Office, and ability to use necessary equipment to perform job duties
Other Skills and Abilities:
A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers. All employment references must address and indicate success in each one of the following areas:
- Positive working relationships with a Foundation staff, Board members, grantees, and partners
- Excellent customer service skills
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to speak in public, presenting information, group facilitation, influencing and negotiating