|As a research and action organization, Center for Policing Equity (CPE) produces analyses identifying and reducing the causes of racial disparities in public safety. Using data-driven approaches to social justice, we use science to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change.
We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers. We use data to build a more fair and just system. We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering. But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
CPE is looking for a skilled Social Media Director with 8-10 years of experience with an unwavering passion for social justice issues. Reporting to the Vice President of Integrated Communications, the Social Media Director will build and oversee a team of social media professionals within the communications department's earned media vertical. CPE's communications team is aligned across the PESO (paid, earned, shared, owned) spectrum, and the Social Media Director-who would collaborate across the communications verticals- would be responsible for setting goals, developing strategies and overseeing social media plans to meet the enterprise's social media goals and objectives. Ideally, the candidate will have experience and commitment to racial justice and policing reform, with a proven track record of engaging with diverse stakeholders, including community organizers, funders, and elected officials.
- Own the development and achievement of social media goals that align with enterprise and brand direction, including setting, monitoring, and reporting on shared media KPIs.
- Rethink and grow our shared media vertical, social media presence, and community.
- Help build, manage, plan, and maintain social publishing calendar, balancing brand, show, and campaign content across all channels.
- Think strategically and execute tactically-especially at the onset as the social media vertical is being built.
- Evaluate new and evolving social media platforms and recommend if/how CPE should engage. Oversee community engagement.
- Direct the overall current external organic social media digital channel hierarchy, and, as the digital channels grow, move CPE into paid social media.
- Once CPE has moved into paid media, unlock reach and conversion synergies by orchestrating paid and organic content across platforms.
- Build tools, frameworks, and guidelines to power social listening. Monitor the social media ecosystem in which CPE executes its programmatic work.
- Execute a social influencer campaign to cultivate loyal amplifiers who can buttress our credibility in key audiences and amplify our messaging.
- Educate the enterprise about the role and impact of social media on partners, brand, and mission.
- Ideally, a social generalist who has built a world-class social presence for a non-profit in the social justice space
- 8-10+ experience with social strategy and execution, ideally in the racial and social justice space
- 5+ years of people management, team building experience is a plus
- Effective cross-functional leader and consensus builder
- Excellent aptitude for developing and presenting big visions, meticulous plans, and actionable learnings
- Proficient in current social media platforms, as well as having a pulse on emerging platforms
- Up-to-date on cultural and technological marco trends
- Experienced with social analytics, social listening, and automation tools
- Broad experience including brand identity, art direction, content strategy and development, video, and paid social media
- Driven by purpose, focused on results
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please include the following in your application:
Please be sure to label each PDF file by including your name. For example, your submitted CV should be labeled, 'LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME.CV.pdf.'
The Center for Policing Equity strives to build a diverse team that is inclusive of multiple perspectives and welcoming for people of all backgrounds. Women and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.