Bolton & Menk is in search of Traffic Engineer to join our team to support our Iowa market. Our Transportation Services team is looking for a confident and passionate Traffic Engineer to join our team in Des Moines or Ames. We are flexible in establishing an office location that is the best fit for the right candidate to serve our municipal and DOT clients throughout Iowa. This position offers the opportunity for you to accelerate your career and join a well-established firm with a long history of superior service! As a Star Tribune Top175 Workplace, this is a fantastic opportunity to work with a great team of professionals. Bolton & Menk is regional, consulting engineer firm with over 70 years of experience serving the Upper Midwest and beyond.
The qualified Traffic Engineer will lead traffic impact studies, intersection control studies, multimodal integration studies, and research studies. Most of this work will be with our 75 municipal client base. You will also have the opportunity to work with project managers to lead elements of traffic design including traffic signal and roadway lighting plans, signing and striping plans, staging and traffic control plans, and will provide geometric design guidance from a traffic perspective.
- Lead traffic studies including data collection, analysis, findings and recommendations. Present findings to clients, elected officials, and public stakeholders
- Provide support to transportation and municipal project managers in transportation related design, traffic signal and roadway lighting plans, signing and striping plans, staging and traffic control plans
- Develops, coordinates and completes the final design and the preparation of plans, specifications and estimates associated with traffic design work
- Coordinates the construction administration of signal and traffic management projects
- Plans and organizes technical project work assignments
- Directs & supervises the work of other engineers and technicians
- Assists with the training and development of professional and technical staff
- Establishes specialty area of expertise in traffic engineering design
- Travels periodically to work site and other project related locations
Education and Experience:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering from an accredited college
- Currently registered as Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the State of Iowa or able to obtain within six (6) months
- Generally requires six (6) years of progressive experience or Master’s Degree plus five (5) years of progressive experience
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (P.T.O.E.) preferred, not required
- Thorough knowledge in related software (i.e. Microstation, SignCAD, MS Excel and Word)
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Possess valid driver's license and is insurable at firm's standard rates
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms and is a Star Tribune Top175 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 700 employees in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, North Carolina, and South Carolina, there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available. Learn more about our history here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/about-us/
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules, and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/careers
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.