The helpdesk manager leads the way to provide customer-centric IT Service Management (ITSM) focused on improving service and leveraging processes and strategies with an emphasis on timely IT services and support. As the helpdesk manager, you will be responsible for the overall performance and management of a set of Tier 1 helpdesk technicians and Tier 1 Service Desk Representatives. Working within the Helpdesk and Service Desk Teams, you will supervise the day-to-day activities of a set of Tier 1 helpdesk technicians and Tier 1 Service Desk Representatives who are responsible for responding to user requests by phone, email, and the online service desk portal. The helpdesk manager will liaise with the IS Technology Officer, other IS staff and the rest of the business to understand business goals and set & execute on Service Level Agreements to maintain a solid IS support environment. The incumbent will provide hands-on support to end users on a variety of issues, responding to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. This role is responsible for ensuring the availability and performance of TCRHCC Help and Service Desk. This includes the monitoring of the quality of service provided by the Help Desk, the resolution of incidents and/or the coordination of the resolution with the appropriate support teams.
- Responsible for overall performance and management of Tier 1 helpdesk technicians and Tier 1 Service Desk Representatives.
- Support achievement of Service Center goals through oversight and interaction with assigned Tier 1 helpdesk technicians and Tier 1 Service Desk Representatives.
- Contribute customer service information and recommendations to improve performance of Tier 1 helpdesk technicians and Tier 1 Service Desk Representatives.
- Meet weekly with assigned Tier 1 helpdesk technicians and Tier 1 Service Desk Representatives to review individual performance, changes in support, opportunities to improve individual Tier 1 helpdesk technicians and Tier 1 Service Desk Representatives performance and direct coaching and/or mentoring of technicians.
- Improve customer service quality results by reviewing outcomes of such quality audits, determining necessary actions to be taken by/with related technicians and then implementing plans with individuals to improve service quality.
- Communicate with other departments, senior management, functional peer groups, technical staff and customers to ensure satisfactory customer support and gain cooperation.
- Responsible for maintaining, following and ensuring Tier 1 helpdesk technicians and Tier 1 Service Desk Representatives compliance with, detailed operational procedures.
- Provide input as it relates to managerial duties for assigned Tier 1 helpdesk technicians and Tier 1 Service Desk Representatives, including recruitment, performance reviews, counseling and employee development.
- Ensure quality standards for Service Desk Incidents including accuracy of problem description, troubleshooting, resolution, etc.
- Analyze trends with appropriate metrics and key performance indicators to help the team be more proactive and less reactive.
- Implement best practices and standardize service desk processes to provide exceptional customer service and deliverables.
- Schedule staff and track attendance to ensure proper workflow in the department, coordinate after hour Help Desk rotational on-call schedule and approve time cards.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, with remote tools, via phone and electronically. Provide on-call support after business hours when required.
- Create and maintain technical knowledge-based documents that illustrate standard operating procedures, metrics and key performance indicators.
- Participate in business requirements gathering for technology projects and provide subject matter expertise that will support short & long term goals for the project.
- Troubleshoot, escalate, and/or resolve tickets within defined SLAs. Identify solutions for hardware, software, and network issues.
- Maintain inventory control of technology equipment and the ticketing system knowledge base.
- Strong documentation skills and ability to work independently and take initiative to proactively manage workload. High degree of flexibility and the ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Strong customer service attitude and skills: team player attitude, commitment, patience, enthusiasm, creativity, listening, comprehension, initiative, cooperation, attention to detail, resourcefulness.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and delegate tasks with attention to detail and follow-through. Ability to motivate a team to work together and support organizational goals.
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems of TCRHCC Systems.
- Prepare and review operational reports or project progress reports as required.
- Generate reports as needed regarding technical systems and performance on a quarterly basis.
- Implement innovative staffing and scheduling models for guaranteed coverage at the lowest possible costs.
- Implement methodologies to improve first call resolution, manage customer perceptions, and build strong internal relationships
- Ensure proper PPE is worn at all times while on duty including duty including but not limited to, face mask, gloves, gown, isolation gown, NIOSH-approved N95 filtering facepiece respirator or higher, if available), and eye or face shield.
- Complete all donning and doffing tasks in a safe acceptable method and discard of used PPE accordingly. (see CDC website for most current updates)
- Complete task training for all routine cleaning and decontamination processes for all surfaces contaminated by a communicable disease to ensure a high level of patient, visitor, employee and external customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to sit at desk for long periods of time, bend, frequently stand, walk, crouch, maintain balance, reach, and occasionally drive, climb, kneel and twist. Must write legibly and use a computer terminal. Must be willing to perform on-call duties on a rotational basis. Must be able to hear and talk over the telephone and in person with others. Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 24lbs and occasionally lift push and pull over 100lbs of equipment. Must have ability of far, near, and color vision, depth perception, seeing fine details, hearing normal speech, and hearing overhead pages. Must have ability of simple grasping, firm grasping, and occasional fine manipulation.
Must be able to prioritize and use good judgment and analytical skills to make decisions that impact IT operations, customer service, and patient care within the organization. Must be able to coordinate a variety of issues while being frequently interrupted and carry out all responsibilities related to this position. Must have ability to continually cope with high levels of stress, make decisions under high stress, cope with anger/fear/hostility of others in a calm way, manage altercations, concentrate, handle a high degree of flexibility, handle multiple priorities in stressful situation, work alone, demonstrate high degree of patience, adapt to shift work, and work in areas that are close and crowded.
May occasionally be exposed to infectious diseases, chemical agents, dust, fumes, gases, extremes in temperature or humidity, hazardous or moving equipment, and unprotected heights.