At Haines, our people are the backbone of our operation, and they are like family. We believe that happy employees lead to happy customers…and there is no better time to be at Haines than right now! We are on a new journey of growth and change-building on our strong heritage and the commitment of all our associates-and we are looking for talented, hard-working and loyal people to join our distribution family.
Founded in 1874 on the company's core values of providing customers with superior service and products, Haines is among the oldest privately held companies in America. It is the largest floor covering distribution company in the country with operations covering the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast.
We are actively seeking a Warehouse Associate for our 500,000 sq ft distribution center located in Concord, North Carolina.
We provide competitive salaries, generous benefits, a business casual work environment and fun employee outings and events. Most importantly, we offer opportunities. Everyone in the organization has the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and enjoy the ability to grow their career. In fact, throughout the history of our company many of our company's leaders started in entry-level positions and worked their way up.
The essential functions of the role include, but not limited to:
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization
- Report any discrepancies
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Operate and maintain warehouse vehicles and equipment
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Proven working experience as a warehouse worker preferred
· Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods a plus
· Ability to lift heavy objects
· Good organizational and time management skills
· Basic computer, reading, writing and math skills required; MS Office experience preferred
NOTE: Candidates must comply with a pre hire background and drug screening.
Job Type: Full-time