Location: Tempe, AZ
The Security Specialist will support our best-in-class security services to each operational/support function and each location. The Security Specialist provides security solutions to assigned geographic areas or as designated by managers. The Security Specialist ensures the protection of the company's most valuable asset, it's employees.
Security Specialist manage, train, recommend, facilitate discuss, and communicate with stake-holders, groups, employees, and those with concerns. locations to include internal & external theft of both Trulieve Product and cash procedures of each facility. The ad will build collaborating relationships with their operations partners as well as environmental & safety, compliance, and human resources, to maintain the highest level of integrity within all facilities. SS's assist with investigations in regard to company assets, facility security, personal security, damage reports, external theft, internal shrinkage, and risk mitigation as needed. The SS will assume responsibility for all other implied tasks as needed to deliver the implied result. This role will report to the Site Supervisor (SS).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibility of the Security Specialist is to protect the employees, patients, customers and assets of Trulieve, and shall report directly to the Regional Security Director.
- Assist the Security Manager/Director in acquiring 'Requests for Proposals (RFP's) for cultivation, processing, and dispensary facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
- Utilizing, maintaining, and reviewing security alarm systems, access control systems, and video surveillance systems.
- Ensuring all alarm, access, and video systems are maintained and operational by conducting routine tests of the systems.
- Help facilitate and prevent theft, violence, or other infractions outlined in Trulieve policy.
- Work closely with the Dispensary Manager and Facility Manager to ensure employees are aware and familiar with the alarm systems. This includes but is not limited to:
- Ensuring employees have the appropriate access, codes are disseminated to new employees and access codes are removed upon the separation of an employee from Trulieve.
- Assist the General Manager with security focused needs including but not limited to:
- Employee Theft
- Customer/Patient/General Public Theft
- Creating proper documentation and utilizing proper routing for critical incidents and communicating information to the National/Regional Security Director/Security Manager regarding any of the following, but not limited to:
- Hostile Patients/Employees/General Public
- Employee/Patient/General Public accidents and injuries
- Inspection and Preparation Training
- Employee Onboarding and Offboarding
- Inspection of deficiency remedies
- Review and download video surveillance upon being notified of any incident, theft or request made by facility Manager/Directors, law enforcement agency or state cannabis authorities.
- Ensure video surveillance equipment is operational.
- Ensure facility door locks and access card readers remain operational.
- Work closely with Dispensary and Facility Manager to ensure employees are granted appropriate access via access card software/keys and employee access is terminated upon separation with Trulieve, or in cases where access cards/keys are lost or stolen.
- Maintain inventory of facility keys and holders.
- Conduct training with delivery drivers regarding state cannabis delivery regulations, theft diversion techniques, and contact with law enforcement agencies.
- Conduct safety and security training to new hires as outlined by the Director of Security.
- Conduct continual training and education with employees as the Trulieve Company instructs.
- Provides oversight of transportation of company assets as directed by the Director of Security.
- Assists in the implementation of facility emergency plans, including but not limited to:
- Bomb threats
- Severe weather
- Active shooter
- Chemical emergencies
- Health emergencies
- Assist in the planning, training and implementation of Trulieve's product and currency transportation guidelines to include manifest routing, driver/passenger requirements, storage and safe placement inside transit vehicles, coordination with delivery and pick-up locations to be cognizant of partnering company's shipping and receiving protocols and any other areas of Trulieve's Transit system that requires addressing.
- Any additional duties deemed necessary by the Director of Security or Trulieve to ensure the protection of Trulieve assets, employees, patients, and the general public.
- Prior experience in law enforcement or related security industry desirable.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, compliance and other cannabis industry-related regulatory requirements is desirable.
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to positively influence people; must be capable of effectively interacting at all levels in the organization.
- Detail oriented with an eye on process optimization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage high stress situations, and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
- Ability to manage high stress situations and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
- Must have the ability to push, pull, or lift a minimum of 50 pounds if relevant to job duties listed above.
- Throughout extended periods, must be capable of sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the workday. Must be capable of sitting in front of a computer for extended periods of time based on job duties listed above.
- General tool, hardware, ladder, and building skills. Must be able to use a 12' extension ladder.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership both verbally and through written media.
- Must be able to handle constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to others in the department.
- Ability to articulate job goals in a manner they're completed effectively the first time.
- At least 21 years of age and authorized to work in the US.
- Proper employment documentation; reliable transportation and valid driver's license.
- If necessary, ability to work 7 days per week and to be flexible with schedule.
- Environmental Requirements and Exposure, depending on work location:
- Exposure to fertilizer, dusts, odors, high heat, low temperature, high and low humidity, high noise levels, vibrations, water, dry salts, allergens, pollen, dust, plant pathogens, other volatile organic compounds, and other environmental variables.
- Ideal candidate will have prior technical, and security related training and certifications related to the installation and maintenance of contemporary security system components such as alarm, access control and cameras.
- Minimum High School or G.E.D equivalent is required.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is highly desirable.
- Members of the Trulieve FL Security team are subject to travel anywhere in the state, depending on the needs and priorities of the organization. The Security Specialist position is expected to be filled by a candidate living in the _________ area and will have an area of primary responsibility that will extend from ____to ________. They can expect to spend 80-90% of their worktime in that area. Ideally, the candidate will reside in the _________ area.
*The above requirements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, and this job description may be amended at any time. Required experience, training, or educational requirements shall be as indicated or as deemed acceptable by Trulieve management.