Russell is a professional services firm providing construction and development services across the Midwest. Since its inception in 1983, Russell’s culture promotes a collaborative work environment that strives to exceed our clients’ expectations and provide life-time career opportunities for our professionals.
Headquartered in Davenport, Iowa, with offices in St. Louis, Missouri and Olathe, KS, Russell has delivered more than $1 billion in projects across 32 states. We remain a market leader in our core markets, including new construction and complex additions and renovations.
At Russell, we are creating more than a project - we are building great people, relationships, and community.
Life at Russell
The number one response we receive when we ask our team members what they like about Russell is the culture. Russell team members describe working here as being more flexible than any place they’ve ever worked. They feel supported and support each other. They have fun. They are empowered to get their work done how they see fit. And most of all, they know they can continue their careers here because of the rich development tools available to them. Life at Russell is full of opportunities.
How You’ll Contribute
As Director of First Impressions you will help us reach our strategic growth goals by providing an excellent experience for all callers and visitors.
The Director of First Impressions - Administrative Assistant provides a polished, warm and professional welcome to all visitors in the office, in person or by phone. Ensures inquiries are quickly and accurately routed to the best team member. Creates a welcoming, inviting and professional experience for all visitors. This is a full-time position from the hours of 8 am - 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Operates a switchboard to answer incoming calls, place outgoing calls and forward calls to appropriate parties. Takes messages, when necessary, and notifies team members of visitors.
- Sorts, distributes and prepares incoming/outgoing mail according to standard procedures, including scanning incoming checks. Receives, signs for, and distributes incoming parcels and assists others in preparing outgoing parcels. Create monthly reports for postage/parcel shipments.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date directions for position tasks, company-wide project lists, company-wide phone lists and similar documents.
- Ensures mailroom is clear of clutter and notifies appropriate parties of stocking needs. Orders and maintains an adequate stock of office supplies.
- Performs research as directed by team members.
- Performs additional assignments under a supervisor’s direction and assists other team members in performance of administrative duties as needed.
- Maintains schedule for conference rooms using Outlook.
- Maintains stocked and serviceable kitchenette for internal/external use.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Educational and experience requirements include: High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 1-year receptionist, general office experience. Prefer experience in a highly professional environment serving at an executive administrative support level or similar experience. Demonstrated ability to warmly and professionally work with others at varying levels of the organization. Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel required. Working knowledge of general office equipment required.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation in applying for employment at Russell please contact us at (563) 459-4600 or HR@russellco.com. This contact is for accommodation request only and can’t be used to inquire about status of an application.