Santa Teresita is looking for Certified Nurse Assistants to join our team! *
We are a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) located in the foothills in Duarte, California, looking for someone who is committed and passionate about nursing. If you are looking to make a difference in a person’s life, we want to hear from you.
We Welcome New Grads to APPLY!
Shift: 1st , 2nd, 3rd shift openings
Salary: DOE, Bonus Pay and SIGN ON BONUS
Great Benefits, Free Vision, Dental & Life Insurance, Retirement Competitive Pay and More!
Join our team and be apart of our mission "At the service of the family for life"
Santa Teresita further defines this mission to include the following goals:
- Providing a continuum of short and long-term care for the elderly in a compassionate manner.
- Upholding and promoting the dignity of life at all stages in the care we provide and to the families we serve through quality assurance and education.
- Responsible stewardship of healthcare assets in order to provide quality of care.
Purpose of Your Job Position:
The purpose of your job is to provide direct and indirect resident care, especially activities of daily living as described, but not limited to personal care, comfort, maintenance of a safe and clean environment for an assigned group of residents under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse.
Duties and Responsibilities
Perform Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) according to resident’s individual care plan
Take and record vital signs, weights and Input and Output accurately
Communicate regularly during shift to Licensed Nurse regarding the medical, psycho-social and spiritual status of each resident in assigned group
Report changes of condition to Licensed Nurse immediately upon observation
Maintain resident belongings and environment in a clean, safe and organized fashion according to resident preferences
Accompany residents to doctor’s appointments if directed by Supervisor
Assist Licensed Nurse as needed
Ensure safety and well being of the residents assigned to his/her care
Perform all duties in accordance with established methods, techniques under DHS and Santa Teresita standards
Document accurately on all flow sheets and logs per Certified Nurse Assistant duties
Respond to emergencies according to Santa Teresita procedure and within scope of Certified Nurse Assistant role
Serve residents in a manner conducive to their safety, dignity and comfort under the direction of Licensed Nurse
Develop appropriate relationships with residents and families in which there is an exchange of mutual esteem and caring within professional boundaries
Contribute through positive attitude, vigilance in work habits and ready cooperation to the overall environment in which residents and families experience their well-being as the center of all nursing efforts
Ambulate residents, provide range of motion and assist with exercise and other individual activities according to care plan
· Follow proper body mechanics and preventive safety measures at all times
· Follow proper infection control techniques to prevent cross contamination of resident care areas
· Provide reality orientation and cueing as necessary
Provide support and care to the dying resident, and their family, including post-mortem care
Perform other duties as requested by DON or Supervisor
· Adheres to professional dress code that reflects the mission of Santa Teresita with excellent grooming and appearance
· Be knowledgeable and follow all safety procedures and regulations established in the employee handbook and other policies
Attend all meetings, inservices and other training required by this position