Join our growing SBA team! The SBA Servicing Specialist II is responsible for providing a high level of assistance to SBA customers in relation to administrative and documentation preparation as well as post close lending matters.
Individuals in this position should possess expert knowledge of lending principles and procedures and have a solid understanding of legal documents as they relate to SBA lending and servicing. Assignments generally require individuals in this position to possess problem solving skills, communication skills, organization, attention to detail and resourcefulness. Individuals in this position will be responsible for a larger volume of Relationship Officer's portfolio and will support team members through training, mentoring and leadership on a day to day basis.
This position is remote eligible. Individuals may choose to work from a designated home office space or may choose to work onsite at any IncredibleBank branch location in Wisconsin and Michigan.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure Bank maintains a sound SBA loan portfolio with respect to compliance with state and federal laws and regulations as well as published SBA SOP.
• Review loan modification requests for accuracy and compliance with SBA SOP servicing requirements.
• Process all SBA post close modifications to include collateral swaps, subordinations, and deferrals and accurately prepare all loan documentation necessary for each request.
• Coordinate loan transactions with third parties such as appraiser title companies, real estate agents, etc. on assigned requests
• Assist in conducting documentation reviews of troubled loans to determine documentation risks and servicing actions.
• Maintain the Bank’s lien position on borrower assets by accurately securing collateral with each request.
• Complete all post close follow-up action items which may require legal interaction with third party's.
• Assist Relationship Officers in preparing SBA Servicing requests and collecting documentation to support requests which may require third party interaction.
• Prepare closing documentation for all SBA Express loans.
• Mentors and assists in training new SBA Servicing Specialist I.
• Assists in ongoing training of new processes or updates to administrative functions to team members.
• Assist SBA Servicing Specialist I in processing complex servicing requests.
• Services a significantly larger portfolio than SBA Servicing Specialist I as multiple RO's are assigned.
• Routinely meets with a variety of SBA business partners to actively manage the loan pipeline and ensure customer needs are met in a timely and efficient manner.
• Performs packaging for SBA approval.
• Prepares CIP and Beneficial Ownership forms.
• Completes Certificate of Financial Form for business acquisitions.
• Pulls entity status report for all borrower and guarantor entities.
• Orders flood certification for all properties where collateral will be located.
• Reviews and prepares SBA 1919 forms.
• Enters loan information into E-Tran to obtain SBA loan number where applicable.
• Partner with key business leaders to identify process improvements, efficiency gains and enhanced customer experience.
• Work with post-close audit firm to ensure timely audit responses and reporting.
• Identify and report incidences of non-compliance and for determining materiality and identifying control gaps in relation to both SBA requirements as well as regulatory requirements.
• Complete ongoing training for SBA to stay current with program changes such as NAGGL, webinars and or attending conferences.
• Assist with department procedures, job aides and forms to improve the process and customer experience.
• Looks to identify efficiencies with processes and makes recommendations to Management.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• 4 plus years of experience in lending or compliance.
• 2 years or more of loan administration experience.
• 2 years or more SBA experience.
• Knowledge of core processing systems, Microsoft Office, Windows, Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software, Database software and loan origination software.
Licenses and Certification
• NAGGL preferred by not required.
• Based on business need.