Regional Buyer - Retail
Location: Remote / Must be in Tempe, AZ
Reports To: Merchandising Manager
FLSA Status: Regular Exempt
The Regional Buyer is responsible for purchasing from third-party vendors for the region. Responsibilities will include processing purchase orders, analyzing vendor assortments, tracking orders, and working cross-functionally with inventory, production teams, and management. Work directly with internal customers and external suppliers. Assist with developing purchase requisition, follow up, and supplier management processes.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the buying process, including building assortments based on historical and current product performance. analyzing business and managing inventory flow.
- Process purchase orders and work directly with vendors on delivery and follow up.
- Coordinate with inventory team, management, and warehouses as needed.
- Partner with Marketing, the Regional Product Analyst, and the Allocation team to meet product launch strategies and promotional activities.
- Develop and execute strategies to grow the business.
- Negotiate pricing with vendors to protect margins and support promotional activity.
- Identify opportunities to drive sales and margin increases to maximize the business.
- Review business daily, weekly, monthly, annually, developing appropriate initiatives
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High-school diploma or equivalent and experience in the field or in a similar field
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Prior buying experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred • Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and with a variety of personalities at various seniority levels
- Must possess excellent people skills and be able to communicate effectively with others in both verbal and written form
- Must be able to work effectively without supervision and in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, business sense, and professionalism to communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to uphold a strict level of confidentiality and discretion • Able to understand and follow written/oral instructions
- Must possess the mental and physical capacities necessary to perform the job duties
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel domestically
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background record check
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people in the facility.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 lbs. to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/orcarry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium whileclimbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspectioninvolving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
- Up to 45+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on store needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer ? Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace