IncredibleBank is searching for an experienced People Operations (HR) Business Partner to join their team in Wausau, WI! The People Operations (HR) Business Partner promotes and influences HR practices and objectives to provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture emphasizing in quality, productivity standards, and goal attainment. This position has a strong emphasis in talent acquisition and is responsible for bringing strategy to attract, assess and hire employees who will contribute to meeting our company’s long-term growth agenda while delivering solutions that enable the organization to deliver end-to-end recruiting experiences worthy of our brand. In partnership with the VP, People Operations, the People Operations (HR) Business Partner will participate in the design, enhancement and human resource programs to meet strategic goals of onboarding, offboarding, retention, employee engagement, internship and apprenticeship programs, EEO/Affirmative Action, policies, safety, and metrics. This position contributes to building functional excellence and drives continuous process improvements to deliver efficient, effective people operations services to leaders, managers and employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic talent acquisition expertise to business leaders across multiple functions and business groups. Develop and execute on strategic recruiting plans that attract a diverse candidate pipeline through direct sourcing, advertising, networking, referrals and industry contacts. Inspire and educate passive talent about IncredibleBank's mission.
- Plans and attends campus recruiting events, including career fairs, on-campus interviews, or networking events. Represents the brand of the organization on campus or within the community and positions the organization as an employer of choice. Meets with individuals at target schools, agencies, or conferences to generate interest in the institution and its programs. Discusses program offerings and answers questions regarding curriculum, admissions or enrollment, and student life. Is responsible for the success of the IncredibleBank internship and co-op programs.
- Advances our culture of inclusion and equity by promoting inclusive & diverse talent strategies; cultivate a sense of belonging in all aspects of the work, team, and across multiple relationships. Bring an orientation toward creating an equitable experience for all employees, with a keen eye toward mitigating bias and driving improvements in organizational health from a DEI perspective.
- Ensures compliance with the company’s remote work program with onboarding and existing employees; to include position evaluation, partnering with the manager and setting expectations for the employees. Will participate in regular check in’s with both manager and employee regarding compliance to the employee’s signed Remote Work Agreement.
- Manages the updates to the Company’s career page to be engaging and user friendly for end users. Utilize influencing skills to provide talent acquisition expertise and recommendations to hiring managers and business leaders on ways to attract the best talent. Schedules interviews and coordinates interviewers or panels. Sells candidates on the IB brand, job duties, responsibilities, work schedules, compensation and benefits packages, and career advancement opportunities. Prepares and extends job offers. Notifies applicants of rejection.
- Responsible for ensuring established processes are followed regarding creation of job descriptions, establishing promotion criteria, grading of job descriptions, and publishing job descriptions in Pay Factors. Partners with VP, People Operations or Director, Total Rewards to ensure company target compa-ratios are followed with job offers, internal transfers or promotions.
- Lead department level projects and initiatives and seek opportunities for cross functionally collaboration within the organization. Assist with developing operational best practices that will scale with the continued growth of the organization.
- Supports, establishes and maintains an intimate understanding of the organization and the business in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with all levels of the organization. Coach leaders to lead their teams in alignment to company policy and culture, navigate and resolve employee relations issues and/or manage programs that help develop our people. Demonstrate exceptional talents to bring clarity and transparency in helping others understand how people decisions get made.
- Advise leadership and employees on administration and interpretation of policies and programs related to HR services, reviews and recommends improvements as well as ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulatory requirements. In partnership with People Development, facilitates education and training for leaders on HR specific topics.
- Support excellence in execution of People Operations' processes, partnerships, and outcomes, leveraging data to understand current state and identify opportunities to improve. Provides data analysis of HR metrics to VP, People Operations, identifies trends and provide recommendations to improve organizational health, retention and engagement.
- Serves as a resource to employees with individual concerns and issues. Participates and guides managers in employee relations related issues which may include employee disciplinary action or resolution. Ensures programs are administered fairly across the employee population. In partnership with the VP, People Operations, will conduct formal investigations and determine appropriate levels of corrective discipline if applicable. May consult with legal as needed.
- Stays abreast of employment law updates and corporate policies for employees and management. Address non-compliance issues, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Leads annual review of the Employee Handbook. Monitors workplace posters and continually communicates provisions with employees and managers as may be required by law. Collaborates with team members to assess and implement changes to policy and/or procedure that coincide with the organization’s strategic objectives and department goals.
- Manage to the company’s established onboarding process to include: partnering with hiring managers to onboard new employees efficiently and effectively. Maintains onboarding schedules and engages with appropriate parties. Provides an onboarding overview and communication training to new employees. Facilitates post hire survey administration and onboarding check-ins. Compiles/reports measurement and works with the VP, People Operations and People Development Manager to resolve issues that may have been identified.
- Receives resignations/retirements and engages with employees and managers throughout the offboarding process. Serves as a resource and as a primary contact for employees upon separation of employment. Conducts and moderates employee exit interviews; then analyzes exit survey and turnover data, seeking to identify trends or relationships, and reports findings.
- Drives employee recognition and recognition programs by capturing, amplifying, and communicating recognition moments across the organization. Reviews and rewards outstanding contributions. Hosts virtual and in-person events in conjunction with other business leaders. Assists in the development and planning of the event, organizing memorable events that meet quality expectations. Represents the People Operations Department on organizational committees as needed.
- Manages content associated with the organization’s intranet page, including but not limited to People Operations policies, procedures, resources, and forms.
- Manages and determines seating arrangements for onboarding and current employees across the company; carries out planning and execution of work arrangements in conjunction with IT and Facilities. Monitors and ensures compliance with the company’s remote work program.
- Leads and collaborates with the Safety Committee at the bank to ensure an encompassing approach to safety management is in place for all bank locations. Partners with third parties to provide proper training and regular communication with the bank’s designated safety Marshalls. Works within designated budget and partners with Facilities on annual safety tests.
- Manages the company’s virtual store, partnering with the third-party vendor to ensure that expectations are met, and that products, costs, and billing are handled appropriately. Reviews company store content on a quarterly basis to ensure IB items stay relevant and affordable to employees. Ensures onboarding programs continue to meet expectations and proactively partners with the third-party vendor to resolve any challenges.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience leveraging various recruiting strategies, tools, and systems to deliver results across a variety of corporate functions. Strong HR fundamentals – manager coaching, change management, employee relations, compliance, HR systems/processes typically obtained with a minimum of 3+ years of generalist background.
- Experienced in developing strategies and executing tactics that drive measurable results that would support the context of IncredibleBank's People vision. Evidence of developing and implementing industry-leading best practices in recruiting principles, practices and techniques.
- Experienced in guiding and navigating through difficult conversations in impromptu situations. Exceptional relationship building skills and demonstrated ability to coach and influence others.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, including experience presenting, training, influencing through use of a business case, and using data to make decision and recommend actions.
- Hands-on experience with LinkedIn Recruiter and other internet sources to develop pools of candidates and referrals.
- Experience performing efficiently within a high pressure, fast paced team environment.
- Proficient skills in using digital software products, including but not limited to an Applicant Tracking System (ATS), Human Resource Information System (HRIS), and survey tools.
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Suite products.
Licenses and Certification
- PHR Certification is preferred but not required.
- Travel will be required based on business needs.