Location: Per State or Region
Job title: State Director
At Trulieve, we create life-enhancing experiences in the communities we serve, navigating our business lines with excellence, and dedicating ourselves to shaping the future of cannabis. As a team that connects, enlightens, and empowers, Trulieve is looking for leaders who are inspired by our vision and wish to grow with us as we continue our national expansion. If you too would like to improve people’s lives, we’d like to learn more about you.
The Trulieve Way is defined by our people. We are committed to our values and have created a culture of trust, but we also remember to have fun. Here are a few more reasons why Trulieve is a great place to be:
• Competitive pay and total compensation packages
• Attractive benefits and incentive stock option plan
• Paid time off and employee rewards
• Professional growth and employee engagement initiatives
We believe in building a diverse team, and we strive to make our company a welcoming space where everyone can make an impact on Trulieve’s success. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to join us.
The State Director directs all of Trulieve’s operational activities across business lines in the assigned state or region. This position works closely with executive leadership to establish overall direction and strategic initiatives. The ideal Sr. State Director has proven business acumen, ability to motivate, mentor, and lead, and has demonstrated success in driving growth, efficiency, and profitability.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES *
• Lead all activities across the state insuring execution of operational plans, national strategies and state activities.
• State/regional expert on regulatory compliance for all business lines in the territory (Cultivation, Processing, Retail, Delivery).
• Work closely with Executives, Directors and VPs of business lines to influence success in assigned territory.
• Gain and build relationships with all state cultivators, processors, dispensary, and wholesale partners.
• Coordinate pricing and new products in state/region for wholesale and retail, with regular competitive analyses completed.
• Assist with oversight of any construction projects within the state/region.
• Maintain relationships with all state regulators/inspectors.
• Ensure managers across all business lines are experts in state and site regulatory requirement and can facilitate successfully passing state inspections.
• Communicate with corporate marketing department; ensure implementation with state managers.
• Help maintain relationship with state bank and cash pickups/deliveries in partnership with accounting, treasury, and finance.
• Assist with auditing in partnership with corporate licensing and compliance department.
• Visit state/regional facilities frequently and consistently.
• Facilitate compliance spot checks on every visit (inventory, SOPs, cash, tags, etc.)
• Ensure regular maintenance on all equipment and utilities is being performed in partnership with relevant departments and managers.
• In partnership with sales department, visit wholesale customer dispensaries on a rotating basis; confirm sales associates are making effective visits.
• Ensure state compliance training manuals and required trainings are up to date in partnership with learning and development, compliance, and management teams.
• Ensure all department heads are training staff accordingly and collecting/filing required proficiency assessments and training acknowledgements.
• Participate in ongoing education and professional development opportunities.
• Work collectively and respectfully with employees at all levels within the organization.
• Additional duties as assigned by management.
• Prior executive-level operations experience in a similar role.
• Proven success in building businesses in fast-paced, highly-regulated, competitive environments.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to positively influence people; must be capable of effectively interacting at all levels in the organization.
• Detail oriented with an eye on process optimization.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage high stress situations, and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
• Excellent communication skills and leadership both verbally and through written media:
o Must be able to handle constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to others in the department.
o Ability to articulate job goals in a manner they’re completed effectively the first time.
• Through extended periods, must be capable of sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the work day. Must be capable of working in front of a computer for extended periods of time based on job duties listed above. Must have the ability to push, pull, or lift if relevant to job duties listed above.
• At least 21 years of age and authorized to work in the US; proper employment documentation.
• Environmental Requirements and Exposure, depending on work location.
• Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
*The above requirements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, and this job description may be amended at any time. Required experience, training, or educational requirements shall be as indicated or as deemed acceptable by Trulieve management.