What motivated you to becoming a nurse practitioner?
Was it the drive to “help” and “make a difference”?
Then look no further….........we have an amazing opportunity just for you!!!
Community First Health Centers is busy and growing!!! In order to service our patients and community in the best way possible, we are looking for an exceptional, experienced Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) to join our team at our New Haven medical facility located at 58144 Gratiot Avenue.
Under the direction of the our Medical Director and Chief Executive Officer, our Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) is a primary provider of service while also acting as an advocate/educator to patients. This is done through collaboration with a physicians to perform a variety of direct patient services including assessments, diagnosis and implementation of treatment plans while evaluating and monitoring the effectiveness of the plan. Our approach is designed to include health maintenance and education as well as acute and chronic health care.
Daily responsibilities of our Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) may include:
• Assess, diagnose, prescribe, implement treatment plan while evaluating and monitoring patients health status
• Assist other providers in the managements of their patients while establishing a practice panel patient base
• Communicate the importance of preventative medicine and utilize all available resources including our laboratory and radiology testing to aid in diagnostic, confirmation and/or denial of disease presence
• Provide patient education to enhance and/or meet the needs of the patient care plan
• Referrals of those cases which require specialized services while adhering to managed care contracts, principles and guidelines while using established/approved provider networks
• Maintain accurate and concise documentation of all patient encounters on a timely basis
• Participate in quality improvement activities
• Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and professional conferences
• Other duties as assigned/requested
This is a full time; 40 hours per week opportunity. As a provider you will see patients between the hours of 830a-5p and will include a weekly late night until 7pm and rotating Saturday.
Why work for Community First Health Centers?
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including;
• Bi-Weekly Competitive Pay
• Attractive value based compensation model
• Excellent Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of MI with low biweekly premiums and no exposure to a deductible, copays or coinsurance
• Dental coverage provided by Delta Dental of Michigan
• Vision coverage provided by VSP
• 100% company paid Short Term Disability Coverage, Long Term Disability Coverage, Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance
• 403(b) Thrift Savings Plan; 2% (up to 7%) annual salary employer contribution whether you participate or not!
• Generous Holiday and Vacation time
• Malpractice coverage assistance
• Continuing education allowance
• Allowance for license renewals, applications for privileges and professional memberships
• Federal & State Student Loan Repayment programs
• Employee Recognition and Assistance Programs
Community First Health Centers: Improving the quality of life for our community!!
Equal Opportunity Employer