EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
- Bachelor’s Degree in parks and recreation or related field
- Two years’ experience in aquatic program and facility management preferred
- Starfish Swimming Instructor Trainer, required or ability to obtain within first six months of employment
- Starguard Elite Level 1 Instructor certification, preferred or obtain within first six months of employment
- Certified fitness instructor preferred
- Valid driver’s license
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of nationally recognized instructional swim and lifeguard programs
- Knowledge of general pool operations including water chemistry and staffing
- Knowledge of marketing and retaining memberships and programming
- Knowledge of group exercise, personal training and other health, wellness and fitness programs
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, organize, market and direct group and private lessons, special events, swim team and group fitness/aquatic programming.
- Hire, train, supervise, schedule and evaluate group fitness & swim lessons instructors and swim coaches, creating an environment for success.
- Preparation and administration of annual budget for swim lessons, aquatic special events, swim team and group fitness/aquatic fitness programming.
- Review and edit park district brochure pages for each season and monthly group/aquatic fitness schedule.
- Assist in conducting lifeguard training courses including weekly in-service training sessions for lifeguard staff as needed.
- Plan, organize and evaluate comprehensive fitness/wellness programs for group/aquatic fitness, specialty programs and nutrition support
- Assist with membership agreement processing including accuracy checking, reporting and contract management.
- Conduct follow-up activity for potential membership leads, newly enrolled members and delinquent memberships.
- Assist Aquatic Manager and Fitness/Facility Manager as needed with overall operations including staff hiring, training, scheduling, and customer relations.
- Measure Key Performance Indicators related to supervised programs.
- Ensure compliance with safety, health, and loss control policies of the District.
- Abide by the Bolingbrook Park District dress code for your area.
- Perform all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of the Park District’s safety program.
- Work as a team player with co-workers and in conjunction with other departments.
- Implement creative and innovative aquatic & fitness programming.
- Constantly evaluate, study and make recommendations for the improvement of programs.
- Act in a public relations capacity with facility users.
- Attend park district meetings that include Operations, Recreation, Facilities and Marketing.
- Attend and participate in professional development sessions related to the position.
- Perform other duties as required by the Aquatic Manager & Fitness/Facility Manager.
Talking/Hearing: to communicate with staff and public
Standing: while observing pool, fitness & facility operations
Walking: while reviewing pool, fitness & facility operations and safety
Reaching: to retrieve files and manuals
Stooping: to retrieve files at lower levels; to put supplies away
Crouching: to retrieve files at lower levels; to put supplies away
Lifting: to put supplies away
Seeing: to observe pool, fitness & facility operations; to obtain information from written material
Exposure to Sun: during summer months when outdoor facility is in operation
Must have the ability to read, write, and organize materials. Ability to plan, direct and supervise staff. Must have
basic computer program knowledge. Must be able to relate to other people in a professional manner. Must exhibit good safety awareness and judgment.
Full Time, Salary-Exempt
Required participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund Pension.
The Aquatic & Fitness Assistant Manager, shall have no established hours, yet is expected to invest the time necessary to produce exceptional results and share coverage of programs with the managers, which may include some evenings and weekends.