One (1) year of experience in a position requiring bookkeeping or program monitoring skills.
Three (3) years of experience in a position requiring progressively responsible clerical duties and customer service
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Performs responsible clerical work involving financial accounts and records, Client eligibility assessment, Data entry, preparation of communications; work involves coordinating the flow of services to eligible clients, account keeping, auditing/monitoring, cashiering and related bookkeeping tasks; assignments are varying in nature and employees are expected to exercise a certain degree of judgment; works under direct supervision; performs related duties as required.
STATEMENT OF TASKS:
- Utilizes computer terminals and word processing equipment for data input, data retrieval and word processing;
- Contact / interact with the public for eligibility assessment and delivery of department services;
- Utilizes established criteria to determine eligibility and verifies with appropriate documentation;
- Maintains program and client files;
- Maintains general and subsidiary records and ledgers according to program requirements posts entries from supporting records, make adjusting entries, balances against otherrecords and prepares reports from such records;
- Records/Posts daily cash receipts and activities, makes out all necessary reports;
- Answers the telephone and gives/takes general information from the public on a variety of matters;
- Prepares and maintains files assuring accuracy and completeness;
- Assists in the preparation/processing of the departmental payroll;
- Assists in preparation of the departmental budget or grants;
- Verifies and enters details of transactions as they occur or in chronological order in account and cash journals from such items as invoices, checks, reports, receipts and requisitions;
- Summarizes details on separate ledgers.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of clerical methods used in keeping fiscal accounts and records;
- Good knowledge of office terminology and equipment;
- Good knowledge of business mathematics and English;
- Knowledge of the scope and purpose of the GCCARD program;
- Ability to perform rapid mathematical operations accurately;
- Ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written directions;
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships;
- Ability to pay attention to detail;
- Ability to learn to operate computer terminals / software and word processing equipment;
- Ability to attend work regularly and work under stressful conditions.