- Are you passionate about helping people prepare financially for their future?
- Do you possess a broad knowledge of investments and financial services?
- Would you like to work at a multi-faceted, dynamic organization that thrives on teamwork and collaboration?
If so, we'd love to talk with you about San Mateo Credit Union's Wealth Team Coordinator Position!
Located in the heart of the Bay Area, San Mateo Credit Union is a community-centric and growth-orientated organization that is one of the most unique and special providers of financial products, services and education in the area. We recently surpassed $1.5 billion in assets and are experiencing record-breaking performance results. Our future is bright with promise!
The Wealth Team Coordinator position is one that carries out activities related to driving lead generation, provides support to the Wealth Advisors and helps build client relationships. Also responsible for support and coordination of activities related to client services, processing of paperwork and coordination of business development activities.
- Drives activities related to lead generation including effective partnerships with member contact areas, holding staff trainings, and planning and executing referral contests, branch focus days and member webinars/seminars to name a few.
- Builds and creates relationships with a key point person at each location and provides them with tips, follow-up and recognition to ensure effective lead generation for their location as a whole. Also creates effective relationships with clients, vendors, managers, employees and others having business with the Wealth Management department.
- Proactively makes outbound calls to members identified as potential leads, and to existing clients from Advisor's book of business.
- Provides administrative sales support for the Wealth Advisors, including follow-up with existing clients, accurately completing client paperwork and data input, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Handles routine client inquiries; effectively works with the back-office support personnel at vendors and broker-dealer to ensure a high degree of quality service and client satisfaction.
- Coordinates projects, prepares reports and financial data, as needed.
- Maintains knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the financial industry, business, finance and economic theory.
- Follow the rules and regulations set forth by your Program Manager, FINRA, SEC and the Credit Union's broker/dealer.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control and Customer Identification Program.
- Provides service that aligns with the Credit Union's mission of passionately delivering relevant products, services, and education tailored to help our members, employees, and communities achieve their financial goals.
The Wealth Team Coordinator is employed by San Mateo Credit Union and registered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (CFS) (Member FINRA/SIPC). To learn more about CFS visit www.cusonet.com.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of the job, employee may be required to use frequent physical activities include sitting, standing, reaching, walking, talking, bending, and constant use of hands.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds
- Employee must occasionally work before/after the regular work shift
- These activities are not necessarily performed to the same degree and combination every day.
SMCU reflects the value placed on employees by providing the following impressive benefits in addition to competitive salary:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Disability Insurances!
- 401(k) including generous matching contributions!
- Semi-annual bonuses for meeting key financial and operational goals!
- Discounts on financial products and services, including loans!
- Paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
Apply Now for Consideration!
San Mateo Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Two years of experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Licenses and Registrations: FINRA Series 7, 63, 65 or 66 preferred but not required. Life, Accident, Health & Insurance licenses preferred but not required. Clean U-4.
- Excellent customer service, communication skills and presentation skills
- Great organization and management skills
- Professional, well-developed oral, written and interpersonal skills necessary for communicating with members, visitors, callers, vendors and co-workers.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Exhibits strengths in the areas of: Ethics, Corporate Values, Dependability, Initiative & Teamwork
Mandatory Vaccination Policy: As a condition of employment, new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before the first day of employment (subject to legally mandated exceptions).