Performs a variety of general laundry and housekeeping/cleaning duties to provide quality laundry service and to maintain the nursing center in a sanitary, attractive, and orderly condition. Essential Job Functions Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.
• Knows and respects patients rights
• Ensures protected health information is kept confidential
• Reports complaints made by patients to supervisor
• Reports all allegations of patient abuse, neglect and/or misappropriation of patient property Safety and Sanitation • Follows established safety policies and procedures.
• Observes safety needs of patients as indicated in care plan
• Wears and/or uses safety equipment and supplies when indicated and properly trained to use
• Demonstrates job-specific knowledge of fire and disaster preparedness during drills or actual situations Staff Development
• Attends and participates in scheduled in-service training, educational classes and meetings.
• Participates in QAA program
• Attends and participates in Circle of Care classes Laundry/Housekeeping Aide Responsibilities
• Inventories clothing and personal items brought in with new patients and marks with proper identification.
• Picks up brutes with soiled linen from each wing throughout shift; Prepares articles for washing by unbuttoning, turning pockets out, and unrolling sleeves; Sorts soiled laundry into appropriate loads for washing; Follows standard washing procedures to add soap solution, bluing, and other chemicals to wash.
• Washes contaminated linens separately from other linens.
• Dries linens and patients' clothing using dryer.
• Presses garments; Checks condition of linens for worn spots or tears, then folds linen and returns sufficient amounts of clean linen to clean linen room on each wing; Distributes laundry to appropriate patient.
• Disposes of unmarked clothing left in laundry.
• Maintains equipment used in performing duties; Cleans washers and dryers, dryer lint filters, and soap dispensers at end or near end of shift; Brushes spillage from floor into drain.
• Cleans brutes and replaces liners daily as assigned.
• Follows cleaning schedule as outlined for housekeeping department to clean offices, handicap and visitors restrooms, activity room, kitchen restroom, service entrance and therapy room, entrances and exits, utility areas, closets, lounges, lobbies, halls, etc.; Performs emergency housekeeping.
• Cleans, dusts, washes, and disinfects all fixtures, floors and walls, doors and ceilings, as directed; Scours and polishes water fountains, sinks, mirrors, glass panels in doors and partitions, brass, and movable and stationary furnishings and fixtures; Changes slip covers, scarves, doilies, etc. when soiled and arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion; Cleans ledges, shelves, vents, windows, window sills, etc.; Removes and rehangs curtains, drapes, and dividers for cleaning, when needed; Replenishes supply of soap and towels in appropriate receptacles.
Sign on Bonus!!!
New increased pay rate!
Daily Pay Programs!
Benefits, Medical, Dental, Vision!!