Direct off-shift staff of 6-12 personnel to operate a non-ferrous recovery facility at the Alter Davenport yard. This position is a working supervisor (more than 20% hands on work).
· Achieve production targets for volume processed, material recovery and quality
o Direct shift laborers to perform work duties. Train new staff as needed.
o Monitor equipment for visual and software indications of abnormal performance
o Ensure material quality meets standards.
o Monitor and record shift production metrics.
o Operate scale and heavy mobile equipment (Loader, forklift, truck, etc.)
· Ensure shift employees' adherence to Alter safety guidelines. Ensure ongoing adherence to environmental, landfill and stormwater policies and procedures.
· Direct activities for internal maintenance & breakdowns
o Perform scheduled equipment maintenance, preventative maintenance service and repair work.
o Diagnose and triage to determine if unplanned repairs can be performed by candidate's own team and outside help is required.
o Learn maintenance and repair techniques through training and observation. Train shift staff on basic maintenance repairs.
· Responsible for on-shift communications with the Davenport yard for inbound and outbound material, complex maintenance issues, etc.
· Monitor employee absences and reassign duties as necessary to ensure coverage of the shift's schedule.
· Follow disciplinary guidelines, including immediate action required discipline as well as recommendations and documentation to the facility manager.
· Ensure employees follow written procedures & fill out inspection sheets for all facility activities - maintenance, cleanup, etc.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned or directed.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3-5 years recent and relevant experience supervising a staff of equivalent size in an industrial manufacturing or processing environment.
- Familiarity with welding, mechanical and simple electrical maintenance, or evidence home-grown aptitude for this.
- Able to utilize Microsoft Outlook and Excel to communicate and track information.
- Candidates must possess a valid driver's license.
- Bilingual is a plus.
This position supervises manufacturing personnel on one shift across all days of operation. Directly manages 6 - 12 laborers and equipment operators.