Partners with the People Development Manager, business leaders, and other teammates to deliver training, provide ideas, technology, and determine measurements to deliver cutting-edge training opportunities for Community Bank learners. Responsible for conducting a variety of training sessions for new and existing Community Bank team members; coordinating work within the Community Banking department; complying with operating policies and procedures established for the training function; communicating with appropriate team members; responding to inquires or requests for information; maintaining appropriate records and providing assigned reports; assisting other departments with training their updates to Community Banking team members as required. Will provide individual one on one coaching for skill development during the initial training period and supporting post-training coaching as needed. This individual works closely with Community Banking Management to support the on-going development of Community Banking employees. Multiple bank systems will be utilized with a strong focus on technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Trains new Community Bank team members regarding bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, product, and ICE delivery. Provides computer training using mock transactions.
• Provides ongoing support and training resources based on development needs of Community Banking.
• Trains all levels of Community Banking in areas of transactions, account opening, lending, franchise behaviors and partners with branch teams for on-the-job experience.
• Leads new skills training and employee development training initiatives for all Community Bank team members.
• Visits branches to conduct pre-audits and to observe activities and ensure standardized procedures and policies are being followed. Monitors Audit Training on a monthly and quarterly basis, providing overall delinquency and completion reports quarterly to the Regional Managers.
• Conducts training virtually or at branch locations to inform team members of new or updated procedures and products. Delivers a wide range of training and development programs that meet the Community Banking needs which includes assisting other department and position specific changes that need to be trained back to Community Banking.
• Assists the Market Manager in implementing ongoing branch standardization and policy changes and trains Community Banking team members as appropriate.
• Partners in the design of instructor-led learning training content from existing business documentation and trains out updates from business partners and the People Development team.
• Fosters and builds collaborative relationships with business partners to develop content, technology solutions, or measurement strategies.
• Evaluates the needs for process improvement, develops project plan with key stakeholders, and serves as Community Banking contact to assist in moving initiatives forward.
• Trains employees on a variety of types of customer conversations in order to help the employee meet the customers financial needs, i.e. referral training, cross selling, onboarding, etc.
• Coordinates and encourages Community Banking Management and employees in participation of required and or optional training.
• In partnership with People Development, maintains the most up to date training resources such as training manuals, PowerPoints, videos, and any additional training materials.
• Ensures all core Community Banking procedures are accurate and current; as well as maintained on the Vault for relevancy, accuracy, and functionality.
• Delivers feedback to training participants and escalates training concerns to employee’s manager as warranted. Evaluate and recommend the continuation of employment for new Community Banking hires at the conclusion of training and provide Managers and Regionals with a written progress report. Works with People Development and People Operations teams to develop tools to measure performance consistently.
• Conducts skills assessment for all new and current Community Banking team members based on development concerns. Partners with People Development to create development plans and implements in branch.
• Maintains strong knowledge and expertise in training functional areas by periodically working in those departments.
• Required to work in branch a minimum of 3 days per quarter and perform all duties of a Community Bank team member. May be required to work in the capacity of Community Bank staff as needed to meet the customers needs.
• Typically requires a bachelor's degree and 3 to 5 years of Community Bank retail branch experience.
• 2-3 years experience in a technical training program preferred but not required.
• Performs work under minimal supervision.
• Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
• Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter in training and banking.
• Experienced in adult learning principles, applying effective coaching skills, and the ability to adapt to a variety of learning styles is necessary.
• Microsoft Office suite experience including Windows, Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software, Database software, and loan origination software.
• Experience in core bank processing systems is preferred.
• Frequent travel to branch locations is required.
Other Desired Qualifications
• Analytical thinking skills. Oral and written communication skills.
• Thrives in a demanding atmosphere.
• Capable to coordinate multiple and changing tasks and priorities.
• Ability to support and implement change.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain flexibility in a changing environment.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, escalate issues and remain organized is essential.
• Ability to resolve problems quickly and with sound logical judgement.
• Strong public speaking skills with the ability to engage learners throughout training and learning opportunities.