Join our growing SBA team! The SBA Documentation Specialist is responsible for providing administrative and documentation assistance to the SBA Department and customers as it relates to post close lending matters and certain SBA loan requests.This position will follow rigid written procedures to guide them through standardized workflow with little to no variability in outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure Bank maintains a sound SBA loan portfolio with respect to compliance with state and federal laws and regulations as well as published SBA SOP.
• Follow up with post-closing documentation exceptions (i.e. filed UCC and post-close search, filed mortgages/deeds, life insurance collateral assignments, final title policies or title lien searches, business licenses, etc.).
• Handle simple issues in regards to SBA post closing and acts as a resource to team.
• Configure, image and maintain closed loan files specific to SBA and assigned portfolio.
• Obtain and maintain required collateral insurance documentation.
• Build CIF profiles for all individuals and entities as needed for each loan file prior to loan closing.
• Image all loan files received from attorneys and review documents received for accuracy and borrower and lender signatures.
• Prepare a 10-tab loan file for each SBA loan after the loan is fully funded.
• Prepare 1086 packages for Secondary Market sales once post-fund quality control review is complete, and all loan exceptions have been cleared.
• Upload executed SBA Authorizations to E-Tran.
• Identify and report incidences of non-compliance and for determining materiality and identifying control gaps in relation to both SBA requirements as well as regulatory requirements.
• Complete ongoing training for SBA to stay current with program changes.
• Complete Adverse Action loan file processing.
• Assist with department procedures, job aides and forms to improve the process and customer experience.
• 1-2 years or more of professional experience in the banking industry industry. Beginning knowledge of SBA lending principals preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of core processing systems, Microsoft Office, Windows, Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software, Database software and loan origination software.
Other Desired Qualifications
• Possess problem solving skills.
• Organizational skills to effectively manage priorities.
• Strong communication skills.
• Attention to detail and resourcefulness.