Welcome to Mans Lumber & Millwork, family owned and operated since 1900. We are always looking for friendly, hard-working people with all sorts of skill sets and backgrounds. Whether you are a lumber whiz, a customer-service superstar, or even the neighborhood trivia champ, there is a good chance you'll find the perfect career path to showcase your talents and grow!
We offer a benefits package that is rated in the top 10% of the lumber and building materials industry, we promote from within and we focus on creating balance between your friends and family at home, and the friends you will make here. We are not looking for the ordinary; we are looking for the extraordinary! Think this describes you, then please keep reading:
Mans Lumber and Millwork provides value through quality materials and superior service. Custom Wood Fabricators/Finish Carpenters will assist in the process of manufacturing standing and running trim and radius mouldings at our Legendary Millwork facility. This individual will set up and operate traditional woodworking equipment including but not limited to; rip saw, planer, joiner, sander, shaper table, overhead radius shaper and moulder in addition to maintaining good housekeeping of all areas of the shop.
- Demonstrate the ability to visually recognize many domestic and imported hardwood species.
- Operate a Hi-Low.
- Sort between 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 8/4 and 10/4 thickness lumber.
- Consistently Calculate board footage.
- Process rough hardwood lumber on a straight-line rip saw.
- Accurately Layout templates for radius casing, base, crown, etc.
- Produce lineal and radius trim.
- Inspect all finish product for quality.
- Prep material for handling
- Stage and Package finished product for delivery.
- Being friendly and professional, responding quickly to customer and team member needs.
- Communicate with peers, customers, and vendors respectfully, honestly, and openly.
- Engage in continuous improvement efforts, examining workflows and providing feedback to current workflow processes to improve efficiency.
- Maintain a clean, efficient work environment.
- Receiving inbound material and storing appropriately.
- Complete and maintain required training and licenses (hi-lo certification, etc.).
- Other shop duties as assigned.
Responsibilities & Relationships
- A strong steward of Mans culture and core values
- Punctual; understanding 'on-time' is late
- Dependable; no excuses mentality, 'my team depends on me'
- Possess an influencing presence internally and communicate ideas in a way that persuades others to buy-in and take-action (both written and verbal)