About Mid Michigan Community Action Agency
MMCAA is a nonprofit community action agency whose mission is to guide local residents on the path to self-sufficiency through empowerment, education and community enrichment. The early childhood services department provides comprehensive Head Start home based services, Head Start and GSRP preschool services as well as WIC services.
Pay Rate: $15.55/hr
$2500 for new Regular Full-Time employees to be paid out as follows:
$500 at time of hire (first paycheck)
$500 at successful completion of 90 days (removed from providisonal status)
$1500 at successful completion of school year
What you will do
- Head Start Associate Teacher is a part of the teaching team offering comprehensive in classroom, services to children and families. The responsibilities of the Lead Teacher include:
- Assist in executing a developmentally appropriate curriculum, providing activities to meet required components of the Service Delivery Plan, enhancing the physical, intellectual, social and emotional growth of young children.
- Responsible to assure the safety and well-being of every child in care.
- Promote a team approach in program coordination with site staff, management staff, Policy Council and area school personnel.
- Must be able to actively engage young children in intentional learning.
- Fulfill the role of lead teacher as deemed necessary if the Teacher is unavailable.
- Must actively engage family involvement in the program, including child and family goal setting.
- Must observe and assess childrens learning and enter necessary data into applicable databases.
- Assist in creating and maintaining a developmentally appropriate and safe classroom environment.
- Be able to perform as an effective team member and promote positive concepts in the classroom.
- Must participate in conducting two home visits and two parent teacher conferences annually.
What we will love about you
- Associate degree in Early Childhood Education, or Child Development or a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA).
- Complete 16 hours of annual training in addition to CPR, First Aid and Blood Borne Pathogen training.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability as a strength-based leader.
- Demonstrated ability to present information to community groups.
- Teaching Strategies Gold, Creative Curriculum, and Child Plus preferred.
- Head Start/GSRP/Child Care Licensing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Creative Curriculum/Teaching Strategies Gold/Child Plus preferred.
What you will love about us
- MMCAA promotes a supportive team approach, is committed to employee success, and provides a full benefit package including
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Paid Professional Development
- Life insurance
- Employer sponsored retirement
- Opportunity for advancement
- Summers off
Applicants must provide proof of COVID 19 vaccination.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.