Love animals? Want to make a positive impact on the planet? Come join Woodland Park Zoo as a Member Services Specialist. We have one, full time, benefitted position open.
Application Priority Date: December 21,2021
This position is responsible for stewarding the customer service experience of members. This involves one-on-one phone and email customer service communication, as well as serving as a liaison to admissions and partnership with other teams across the zoo.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Steward member service related to member questions, concerns, and their access to the zoo or membership policies and guidelines via phone and email.
- Administer the day-to-day work of membership’s customer service unit with efficiency, empathy, and inclusive service.
- Oversee fulfillment of membership, corporate membership, and ZooParent programs and related inventory.
- Work closely with Data Services to ensure data integrity.
- Perform data entry as needed for event participation, address corrections, and online responses as well as general database clean-up.
- Collaborate with POS administrator on system updates, promo code testing, and other membership related issues.
- Coordinate membership work with Accounting, Admissions, and Data Services, to ensure systems, policies, and communications are clear and provide the best possible member experience.
- Serve as department’s liaison with admissions, sending pertinent communications as needed, training admissions staff in membership policies and related systems (POS, RE, etc).
- Coordinate regular meetings with Admissions and Membership leadership regarding member service and communications.
- Assist Admissions team with any issues or challenges related to memberships.
- Collaborate to coordinate orders, mailing and customer service for ZooParent adoption purchasers.
- Coordinate corporate membership fulfillment and customer service, in collaboration with department leadership and Corporate Engagement team.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners regarding green topics/ways to make membership more sustainable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and two (2) or more years’ experience in a high level customer service role; and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to handle upset and difficult clients and provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with professionalism.
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and organizational communication.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team within diverse teams and environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with audiences of different backgrounds and experiences.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks and requests and meet deadlines in a professional manner.
- Proficient and experienced in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Experience relating to organizational memberships.
- Experience with direct customer service.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database software or other Constituent Resource Manager (CRM).
- Experience with Point of Sale (POS).
- This position may be required to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a typical office environment and/or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Application Priority Date: December 21,2021
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. A criminal background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- As of November 24, 2021, employees working on or accessing zoo grounds are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination by your first day of employment.
- People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
- Employees may make requests for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are required.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.