Seeking Part-time RN interested in providing on-site direct services in Culpeper, VA; with limited telework
Position is for 20 hours a week of day/evening hours in our adult transition home (ATH). Includes telephone triage, review of paperwork for emergency admissions, nurse-to-nurse calls with Emergency Room nurses
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for reviewing admission documentation for clinical appropriateness for admission.
• Reviews admission paperwork to ensure that admission criteria are met.
• Takes verbal orders for medications and treatment from licensed physicians or their designees.
• Provides transcription of physician orders for medication administration into eHR.
• Provides ongoing training, supervision and oversight to unlicensed assistive personnel and LPN.
• Determines competencies of unlicensed staff for delegation of nursing tasks.
• Provides comprehensive clinical evaluations and treatment by providing nursing assessments required within 24 hours.
• Coordinates with Physician on admissions to facility.
• Maintains contact with families and/or providers and identifies on-going support and training/treatment needs for families and providers who utilize REACH Crisis Home Services.
• Maintains relationships with community partners.
• Attends meetings.as required
REACH is a crisis prevention, intervention and stabilization system to support individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, as well as a mental health condition or challenging behavior that is negatively affecting their quality of life. REACH provides consultation, prevention, development of crisis education & prevention plans, community based mobile support and crisis therapeutic home services.