JSI, Janitorial Services, Inc., is Northeast Ohio's leading provider of Janitorial Services. JSI is seeking an Area Manager to join our leadership team. Named one of the Weatherhead 100 Fastest Growing Companies in Northeast Ohio for 2 consecutive years, JSI is looking to expand our management staff with qualified and talented individuals.
The Area Manager holds overall responsibility for the janitorial program in numerous facilities in his/her geographical area. This is an afternoon / evening shift. This position is based in Cleveland with local travel daily throughout the Northeast Ohio area.
The ideal candidate will have a professional demeanor, and the ability to communicate well with clients, via phone, email and in person. They must be able to train, direct and manage a diverse workforce of employees at various locations. We are seeking someone with an eye for detail, and the ability to multi-task. The Area Manager must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever changing environment. They must be able to delegate tasks, and solve problems rapidly. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- • Perform customer service duties, and handle all client requests or complaints in a timely manner. Follow up to ensure satisfaction
- • Supervise, train, motivate, and develop team members
- • Work with the HR department to ensure all jobs are properly staffed and trained
- • Arrange for coverage in the event of an employee absence
- • Disciplinary action and/ or termination of employees when necessary
- • Perform regular inspections of buildings to ensure that specifications are being met
- • Correct deficiencies in buildings whenever necessary
- • Maintain budgetary compliance at all accounts, specifically with labor hours/ supplies / equipment
- • Oversee scheduling and payroll for all employees working in your accounts
- • Scheduling of special project work when requested or needed
- • Ensure that all janitorial equipment is in good working condition and well maintained.
- • Track and maintain supply inventory
- • Ensure building safety and security for employees
Minimum of 3 years of management or supervisory experience.
Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
Janitorial, Facilities, or similar area management experience is preferred.