Presales is a critical part of the Advizex team. We work closely with our sales team as their technical partners in all the phases of the sales process - from evangelizing and demonstrating the technology to prospects, to answering any technical questions around our solutions and how they solve business problems. The presales team plays a vital role not only with regard to revenue generation, but also with Advizex reputation in the marketplace. We are the frontline evangelists, the direct line to our customers.
This job is for you if:
• You're interested in a meaningful job at a growing technology company where you'll work with a variety of technology solutions and be appreciated for doing your job well.
• When you see things that need improved you get working on a solution.
• You enjoy collaborating with highly skilled professionals with a passion for technology.
• You want to join a culture that embraces dynamic individuals with a focus on innovation.
A day in the life:
• Align with appropriate sales geography to represent Advizex solutions
• Use knowledge of technology, products, processes, industry expertise and consultative sales skills to assess and educate customers on value of Advizex solutions.
• Use knowledge and understanding of Advizex OEM partners, such as VMware, Dell EMC, and HPE, along with other relevant technologies to credibly and persuasively articulate the features and benefits of these products to the customer
• Build in-depth knowledge of clients' technical and business priorities, challenges and initiatives that can be translated into Advizex solution opportunities
• Act as the technical lead on complex proposals; conduct final review, edit proposals and approve technical content
• Determine how industry trends, OEM roadmaps, and advances in technology may impact the customer
• Develop successful relationships with Advizex sales team, partners and customers.
• Deliver quality documentation to support pre-sales efforts, including solution Bill of Materials, Configurations, and Proposals.
• Develop and propose technology solutions that meet customers' needs and functional requirements and are in alignment with Advizex customer strategy, delivery capabilities, and OEM partner relationships.
• Be available for some travel, typically 20% of time or less, and typically limited to short-duration trips for customer appointments and longer trips for training and/or conferences.
Required Technical Skills
• Server virtualization technologies (VMware)
• Hyper-Converged Infrastructure solutions (VMware vSAN; Dell EMC VxRail; HPE SimpliVity, dHCI; Nutanix)
• General Compute technologies, including Rackmount and Blade Technologies (HPE ProLiant, Synergy, Apollo; Dell PowerEdge, MX; Cisco UCS)
• Enterprise Storage technologies, including SAN, NAS, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, traditional vs. All-Flash (Dell EMC Unity, PowerStore, Isilon, PowerScale; HPE 3PAR, Primera, Nimble, Alletra)
• Data Protection experience, including Backup/Restore, Replication, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Archiving (Dell EMC, HPE, VEEAM, Zerto, Druva)
Preferred Technical Skills
• Virtual Desktop Infrastructure solutions (VMware Horizon View)
• Hybrid Cloud Management solutions (VMware vRealize Suite, vRealize Automation, Morpheus, HPE GreenLake)
• Public Cloud (VMC, Azure, AWS)
• Linux solutions (Red Hat, OpenShift, CentOS)
• Virtual Networking Solutions (VMware NSX, Cisco ACI)
• Networking Security Solutions (Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, Aruba, Cisco)
• LAN, WAN, Wireless Solutions (Aruba, Arista, Fortinet)
• DevOps Solutions (Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet)
Preferred Education / Experience
• Prior Experience as Pre-Sales Architect/Engineer with Channel Partner and/or OEM
• Bachelors Degree
• Prior IT Experience (10+ years)
• ITIL / ITSM experience
• Professional Certifications: VMware VCP (or higher) and/or other OEM accreditations
• Must have the ability to actively listen to others and articulate ideas verbally and in writing to any audience
• Ability to think on your feet and articulate thoughts in an organized manner even when not prepared for the discussion or situation you are in.
• Demonstrate a willingness to embrace new systems, processes, technology, and ideas.
• Must be able to work effectively with those with different skill sets, personalities, or motivation level to achieve a better team result.
• Thoroughly accomplish tasks with concern for all the areas involved
• Build and maintain client satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization; provides excellent service to client.
• Build in-depth knowledge of clients' technical and business priorities, challenges, and initiatives that can be translated into opportunities in alignment with Advizex client strategy, delivery capabilities, and OEM partner relationships.
• Develop and maintain relationships with OEM peer resources.